Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any traveling nurses around these parts?

polarpixie

I was just wondering about this as a profession. I was talking to some girl at a bar over the weekend that is a traveling nurse, she's in town with her boyfriend only for a few months, and then they're moving on to San Diego for a little while. The part about this that sounds so great is all the traveling you get to do, and all of it is paid for.

Does anyone do this for a living or know of someone who does? I was wondering how you like it? What is the work really like? What don't you like about it? I never thought two much about nursing before I heard about travel nursing...

I am interested in doing that for a bit myself when I get out of school. They make a lot more money in a shorter amount of time...and if you did it for only a year, you could easily save up quite a bit of moulah....AND get to see all different kinds of places!

Night Fly said:
I am interested in doing that for a bit myself when I get out of school. They make a lot more money in a shorter amount of time...and if you did it for only a year, you could easily save up quite a bit of moulah....AND get to see all different kinds of places!

Now, that sounds like a dream come true for me!

NB ~~ Am I contemplating? Yes. It is probably not something I want to do forever, since I want to be just like The Pretender, and change my profession every week, but I think the knowledge and the experience I'll gain is something that I will be able to use for the rest of my life.

i am an rn at a very prominent hospital in the south. i work with quite a few traveling nurses. seems as if they make a little more money and get things such as rent and moving cost paid for. most seem to have a good time with it. the per diem nurses at my hospital make triple what i make and double what the travelers make though. no benefits, sick time, etc. though. it is tempting, both the per diem and traveling, but i need benefits and can't move around at the moment. maybe someday? :)
had a good time sat with you guys nighty, hope to see you guys again soon.
brian

Last edited:
polarpixie said:

Now, that sounds like a dream come true for me!

NB ~~ Am I contemplating? Yes. It is probably not something I want to do forever, since I want to be just like The Pretender, and change my profession every week, but I think the knowledge and the experience I'll gain is something that I will be able to use for the rest of my life.

me too. Why not go in for your associates of science in nursing, you should be out of school in a year & 1/2.

i am a bsn myself, but most adn progams take "at least three years" and they aren't easy. the classes i had to take to get my bachelors are a joke compared to the ones both bsn and adn's take.
just my opinion, but i think most nurses would agree.
brian

nordstrom said:

me too. Why not go in for your associates of science in nursing, you should be out of school in a year & 1/2.

that's all? i think i can handle 1 1/2 years..I'm sure it will be tough tho!

Top Bottom