Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any traveling nurses around these parts?

true...along with the 72 hrs...assuming you are going to school fulltime and not working, then it takes like 2 years...add on another year - year 1/2 for prereq's....

hey fit 1, thanks for the validation. i would not want anyone to get into a nursing program not knowing how hard it is. it is very difficult. i can't say i knew it was that hard when i started. i already had my pre-reqs from years of failed physical therapy interviews and my best friend was in the program at the time. i am very glad i did it because i will always have a job, but don't expect much of a social life while in nursing school, lpn, adn, bsn, whatever, none of them are easy. it is a very rewarding job when out of school though. best of luck to anyone wanting to try it.
brian
i gotta get out of here, hope i helped someone a little bit.
if anyone has questions e-mail me. i will try to be of some help.

brian747478` said:
hey fit 1, thanks for the validation. i would not want anyone to get into a nursing program not knowing how hard it is. it is very difficult. i can't say i knew it was that hard when i started. i already had my pre-reqs from years of failed physical therapy interviews and my best friend was in the program at the time. i am very glad i did it because i will always have a job, but don't expect much of a social life while in nursing school, lpn, adn, bsn, whatever, none of them are easy. it is a very rewarding job when out of school though. best of luck to anyone wanting to try it.
brian
i gotta get out of here, hope i helped someone a little bit.
if anyone has questions e-mail me. i will try to be of some help.
brian, you were very helpful, thank you. I don't expect it will be easy...I'm not even sure if I will actually persue this. I will have to look up what classes I will need to take, hopefully I can cut out some time with the pre-reqs since I already have a B.A.

fit1 said:
oh yea...while we're on the subject of healthcare, does anybody know or is anybody a respiratory therapist? i have applied for the program starting in the fall...just wondering if anyone has had any experience in this field...

not taking over ur post, Polar, just adding to it....;)

fit ~~ lol, that's ok. I hope someone answers your question, you should prolly just start a thread tho because it will get lost in here.

brian747478` said:
nordstrom, i meant the pre req's alone will take 1 to 1 1/2 years, plus another 2-3 depending on adn or bsn. you will never find an rn program you could complete in 1 1/2 years counting prerequisites and the program itself.

i don't know, everyone is different and colleges are different. By the end of summer i will have my pre-requisites done, so i did mine in 7 months. And i plan to do 1 full year of spring, summer & fall of nursing classes to get my 40 nursing hours.

I'm not trying to start an argument or say anyone is wrong, but how long you are in the program can vary.

Last edited:
nordstrom, where do you go to school? my g/f wants to go to rn school and if there is one that is only 1 1/2 years, i would love for her to go there. i believe one could be a competent nurse in that amount of time, i know plenty of lpn's that are extremely competent, i just have never heard of an rn program that is that short. that is my only point, by no means meant to offend you.
later

brian747478` said:
nordstrom, where do you go to school? my g/f wants to go to rn school and if there is one that is only 1 1/2 years, i would love for her to go there. i believe one could be a competent nurse in that amount of time, i know plenty of lpn's that are extremely competent, i just have never heard of an rn program that is that short. that is my only point, by no means meant to offend you.
later

ivy tech in indiana. they have 40 hours of nursing courses. They don't require prerequisites, but the more you have and the better the grades you have on them the more likely you are to get accepted. So about 20 hours of prerequisites are necessary to get accepted (Anatomy I & II, chemistry, microbiology),

however, the program doesn't begin until fall of 2003.

Top Bottom