Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any traveling nurses around these parts?

you can get an lpn degree in 1-1 1/2 years, but you will not have many opportunities at traveling positions and most lpn jobs will not pay more than 10-11 bucks and hour in my part of the country. you will find exceptions to that pay rate, but not many.
brian

brian747478` said:
i am a bsn myself, but most adn progams take "at least three years" and they aren't easy. the classes i had to take to get my bachelors are a joke compared to the ones both bsn and adn's take.
just my opinion, but i think most nurses would agree.
brian

But maybe for someone like myself, who's not looking to advance my career in nursing, an associate's degree is ok?

brian747478` said:
i am a bsn myself, but most adn progams take "at least three years" and they aren't easy. the classes i had to take to get my bachelors are a joke compared to the ones both bsn and adn's take.
just my opinion, but i think most nurses would agree.
brian

out of curiosity why 3 years? the ASN program i am in is 40 credits of nursing & 27 credits of prerequisites. Taking 12-15 credits of core nursing programs each semester in the ASN program is normal here. I don't see how 40 hours of nursing classes would take 2 or more years. Maybe the laws vary state to state on what classes you need to take.

I have a sister in law that is not a nurse but cares for Older folks in their home and stays for like 3-4 days straight 24 hours.
She rotates the days with other for a company across a metro area.

The good thing is she gets paid for all those hours by the hour even when just sitting around watching TV with them or when they are sleeping which is most of the time...

i did my nursing training in ky, there the pre req's are in the 30-40 hour range( 1 to 1 1/2 yers) then the nursing program itself is 4 semesters if associate degree in nursing and 6 semesters if bachelor degree in nursing. someone correct me if i'm wrong. i was also talking to someone graduating from a program in nashville tn and they said the same thing. they are going to be an adn. sure you aren't in a lpn program? bsn's and rn's have national standards for clinical hours and state board exams. ask night fly if i am right, she is in school now, not sure if she is in a bsn or rn program.
brian

One school here has an RN program...you receive an AAS in nursing...it is 72 credit hours...

oh yea...while we're on the subject of healthcare, does anybody know or is anybody a respiratory therapist? i have applied for the program starting in the fall...just wondering if anyone has had any experience in this field...

not taking over ur post, Polar, just adding to it....;)

Last edited:
polar pixie, there is not a big diff in pay for adn rn's and bsn rn's.
the only diff is bsn's are usually preferred in managerial positions.

brian747478` said:
i did my nursing training in ky, there the pre req's are in the 30-40 hour range( 1 to 1 1/2 yers) then the nursing program itself is 4 semesters if associate degree in nursing and 6 semesters if bachelor degree in nursing. someone correct me if i'm wrong. i was also talking to someone graduating from a program in nashville tn and they said the same thing. they are going to be an adn. sure you aren't in a lpn program? bsn's and rn's have national standards for clinical hours and state board exams. ask night fly if i am right, she is in school now, not sure if she is in a bsn or rn program.
brian

1 1/2 years was a very very low estimate. Assuming someone has to work full time, and can't handle more than 12 hours a semester then it will take up to 3 years to get an associates degree.

nordstrom, i meant the pre req's alone will take 1 to 1 1/2 years, plus another 2-3 depending on adn or bsn. you will never find an rn program you could complete in 1 1/2 years counting prerequisites and the program itself.

Top Bottom