Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any traveling nurses around these parts?

Polar -

Traveling nursing depensd on where you are located and who you work for. Different compabnies are able to get different rates for theirpeople. I have a good friend who does this in Tampa and she is making like $30/hr. Not much, but not bad. She is an RN.

She also gets her housing paid, and if she has perfect atendance through the contract (3 or 6 months, depends) then she gets a bonus when it is over, of like $2500.

She has been to Tampa, Boston, and also Denver. Like most of them, I think she wants to do do it until she "feels like settling down".

You won't get rich in nursing, but you'll always have a job.

MattTheSkywalker said:

It's the nurses who go into the profession expecting a HUGE paycheck that suck at their job and make it hard for everyone else to work with them.

You have to be a nurse because you want to and because you enjoy it...it should really be like that with every profession, but it's not, and that is definitely sad.

brian747478': good to see you on here brother...and we had a blast Saturday night too. Even at the redneck bars..hehe. I actually liked that place.

B True

MattTheSkywalker said:
Polar -

Traveling nursing depensd on where you are located and who you work for. Different compabnies are able to get different rates for theirpeople. I have a good friend who does this in Tampa and she is making like $30/hr. Not much, but not bad. She is an RN.

She also gets her housing paid, and if she has perfect atendance through the contract (3 or 6 months, depends) then she gets a bonus when it is over, of like $2500.

She has been to Tampa, Boston, and also Denver. Like most of them, I think she wants to do do it until she "feels like settling down".

Thanks for the information matt. :) i have no interest in getting rich...This would be like going into the Peace Corps, except I wouldn't be in some 3rd world country...

I'll look into this more tomorrow, right now, I've gotta do my taxes....:bawling:

b fold the truth said:
brian747478': good to see you on here brother...and we had a blast Saturday night too. Even at the redneck bars..hehe. I actually liked that place.

B True

You did??? I thought you didn't like it like everyone else. I actually enjoyed it myself...but I was a bit biased since I was related to the bartender! LOL.

Brian, next time, tell your girl that we can sneak some wine in and see what she says! :)

Pixie...I think you should definitely go for it! You have the kind of attitude that they need in nursing. You would be great at it...I will be honest with you, though...the school SUCKS!!!!

NF...
I TOTALLY agree on nurses being shitty...my grandma has been in the hospital now for a couple of months and we've moved her once to a different hospital because of the nurses and aides...
and we still see nurses and aides who OBVIOUSLY hate their jobs...and that irritates me to no end...i don't want them treating my grandma and others meanly just because they don't like their job. a lot of nurses have no business whatsoever being nurses...
it's good to know someone like you is going to be out there in that field...they just need more people like that.

nighty, i don't think the bar itself was the problem, she just felt her dress was nowhere near appropriate for a bar like that. she'll be the first to tell you she is about as redneck as they come, i have seen her throw down in a parking lot before. haha

Top Bottom