Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am i the only one not afraid of simple carbs?

joe d

High End Bro
Platinum
every time i post my diet or make this suggestion for someone to try this because they say they cant fit enough food in them to grow it becomes a trash joe's suggestion thread by the few that think the same thing works for every one. so here it goes

i eat small portions of simple carbs all day long. about every hour. for me the small portion is about 20g. this gives me a constant steady flow of energy. it also means that i can eat less complex carbs (make you full for a long time) and less fat (makes you full for a long time) in each meal because i already am getting a supply of carbs and i am eating twice as much so i dont need as much fat to carry me between meals. the whole point in this diet is to open up more room for protein. protein gains an extreem amount of importance while on cycle. i keep around 700g per day now and will soon up it to 725g. my bf stays the same and my weight goes up.

i have stayed between 18 and 22% bf since i started training serously 4 or so years ago. and have gained over 90lbs. i understand that this is not the greatest progress in the world but it is progress so what im saying is infact a valid diet for some. and imo would be a much better bulking on cycle diet than most that i read for many if acompanied by extreme training and rest.

I think it's a great way to build muscle.

However, it is probably not such a good idea for someone trying to lose fat.

I was once a carbafobe. Not so much now and I'm dieting. I do personally limit simple
carbs to around my workout. This works best for me. This would possibly be different if I was on cycle and trying to add mass.

I repect your dietary opinions and 90 pounds of mass in four years is no joke. Keep doing what your doing. It's obviously working.

Joe D - I agree that too much is made of distinction between high GI and low GI carbs.

The simple fact is: are u burning it? Is ur cal intake appropriate - relative to how ur burning and and how much ur growing.

I think for a lot of people though, simple carbs (if u don't count cals) are a way for many to overeat, develop bad dietary habits, and gain excess bf%.

In ur case, the simple carbs are consumed in an organised, controlled fashion and therefore u differ to a newb who has no idea, who may if using simple carbs, consume far far beyond maintenance and gain too much fat

I think it's a great way to build muscle.

However, it is probably not such a good idea for someone trying to lose fat.

Carbs don't make people fat, too many calories of any one of the food groups make people fat.

I like my simple carbs too. I can diet with them, not an issue for me.

Low carb/keto diets don't work, in fact, I get serious thyroid suppression so they slow my metabolism. And yes, I have done the blood work.

It has taken me AGES to recover from my low carb experiments, and I am still recovering.

If it isn't broken, then don't try to fix it or get brainwashed with the 'carbs are bad' mantra these days.

It used to be fat.

I agree wih Tat and Des, I used to eat simple sugars all day long like you Joe D., and I gained a little fat but pretty much my bf% stayed the same and I built some good muscle. That was early thirties now in late thirties and just gettin back in the game after a couple of years out, Im trying to eat very little simple carbs and keep the cals up with complex carbs, and higher protien intake.

There is some evidence that the high GI v low GI distinction is relevant for a small % of the population (<25%) with insulin resistance.

The % of people who exercise with insulin resistance would be lower than the general population.

Top Bottom