Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I retarded?

It is probably your form / technique?

Do you keep your elbows about 70 degrees or do you flare them to 90 (this hits the pecs more - but weakens your lift}

Do you contract your lats and use them to aid in a push off?

If you get stuuck in the bottom its usually weak tri's , also do you strengthen your rotator cuff & serratus?

some great vidoes from Westside barbell and another great one "Ian Kings guide to the bench press"

Great article to read:

http://www.t-mag.com/articles/181bone2.html

S

Last edited:
I bench flat and my elbows were out like a bodybuilder. I did neglect barbell benching for years because it used to bother my shoulder, and it made it increasingly difficult to pitch with a blown out shoulder. But once i was done with ball, i started benching again with no discomfort; of course, like i said, after a year and a half of working it hard, i made little progress, while everything else goes up. i'm gonna keep looking into my form problems though. thanks

same here bros. Ive been stuck on 135 for about 4 months now, i should really make a fukin plan and start adding no matter how weak i think i am. maybe start with those 2.5lb'ers and hopefully ill make some progress

I'm the exact opposite...........sucks! Benching around 350 for 2-3 at the end, but still squatting on 275 for 8 MAX....I'm tall (no excuse, I know) but my knees really seem to ache to a point where I can't go low enough.......too much cardio, spinning...etc.....would leg press be a better alternative?

JKurz1 said:
I'm the exact opposite...........sucks! Benching around 350 for 2-3 at the end, but still squatting on 275 for 8 MAX....I'm tall (no excuse, I know) but my knees really seem to ache to a point where I can't go low enough.......too much cardio, spinning...etc.....would leg press be a better alternative?

Sounds like form to me. I'm 6'3 with arthritis in both knees and have had surgery and I squat atf no problems. I'm 20 btw. Just keep at it bro you'll get stronger. Where are you failing at? Are you focusing on your weak points?

Hmmmm.... Along time ago my deadlift was around 315 for a single. I didn't care cause I could squat a lot and bench a decent amount. Then I had a debate with two individuals on this board about growth coming from deadlifts. ONe was B Fold and the Other was Needsize. working on deadlifts sucked cause I was weak at it and worst it hurt like a some bitch. The trick was to progressively add weight and have perfect form and break the lift into parts to see where my weakness was. This can be done for any lift IMO. Bring up you weak spots and make them your Strengths!!!!

Top Bottom