Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alcohol

patro

I love beer. I love alcohol.

I'm serious about losing weight and I'm TRYING to eat right. I'm hitting the gym and running almost every day.

But when the weekends come, or when my friends come over, it's so hard to resist the beer. How bad is it to consume beer?

See, I've given up the Pizza Hut and the fast food and all the oily and fried shit I love. But I can't give up the beer. I used to drink about 10 a night 5 nights a week (did that for 5 years.) Then I got down to about 20 beers a week for 2 years.

Now I only drink about once a week or once every two weeks (about 6-8 beers a session). SO now I don't drink much but at times I just want one beer in the evening.

So how 'bad' is it for me to have just a beer every other night. Not 2 beers, not every night. I just feel like my time in the gym is wasted if I do that.............damn this must be what it's like to quit smoking.

-Patro in Slingy

its pretty bad bro.... its gonna take you a helluva lot longer to get where u wanna be if u keep drinkin that shit. drink water instead :p

Beer is probably one of the worst things you can drink if you're trying to lose weight, even the light stuff.

One beer every other night? Come on man. No one does that. If by some miracle you were able to limit it to that, yes, it would be much better than drinking what you're drinking now.

But it's real simple. If you're really as serious as you say you are, the beer's gotta go. I suggest you don't tease yourself with this one beer every other day shit. Go all or nothing.

If you find it that hard to give up beer, it may be an indication of a larger problem.

I can't say how it is for you, but when the time came for me to get serious about my health and fitness, going to the gym religiously, eating right, doing cardio, I continued to drink beer, even though I knew it was counter-productive to my weight loss goals. I justified it by saying to myself that I work in a high pressure environment, and I just needed it to blow off steam. I rationalized that since it was just beer, it wasn't that big a deal. I resolved myself to eating less at dinner so I could fit those beers in under my calorie limit.

This went on for quite a while, and even though I was healthy in every other way, I couldn't shake the craving for beer. Then came the day that I realized that I had a problem. When normal folks are trying to lose weight and get healthy, and they decide that includes giving up beer, they do it. It's not a big deal. They know they have to stop and they do.

That's not how it was for me, and I realized that I needed help. I had a desire to stop and, as I found out later, that's all it takes. I was able to give up beer, and all alcohol for that matter, with the help of a group of people who had similar problems.

If you need more information, don't hesitate to email. Best of luck.

I agree with what treebeard said...it sounds like you have a problem...if you CAN NOT live without beer, it is something you need help for. If you need it to relax or whatever, there are many other stress relievers out there...sex is my favorite!

Been down that road man........

I had a problem not too long ago actually. Got tired of waking up feeling like that. Blackouts....fuck I don't even want to remember it...

If you're serious about your goals.....its gotta go. Period.
No "I wish" "If only". You don't need it.

Take it from an older bro......

I try to limit my binge drinking to once every week or two weeks also. And when I have a beer or two on a regular night that seems fine and I just figure it into my alloted calories for the day. I usually will take it out of my carbs--so a regular beer has like 140 calories and that means that's 35 grams less of carbs I'll consume that day. Not optimal for growth etc but I feel if I go all out all the time I get burnt out and that's worse.

Top Bottom