Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alcohol

Well, the bad thing about beer is that your body burns alcohol for energy before carbs. The good thing about it is that your body won't store it as glycogen. As soon as your body burns the alcohol, it should return to its normal activities.

At any rate, drinking and dieting do not mix. No offense, but you need to get your priorities straight. Do you want to drink, or do you want to be healthy.

Man, all you guys are right. I guess it's more of a social thing for me. Physically, I do well without it. I don't need it as a physical addiction, but I feel I need it in an emotional or social way.

I think I've been lying to myself for the past 7 months of trying to lose weight. I had (have) a lot of ways to justify alcohol. I can figure it into my calories and find other ways to drink...but I guess I just need to choose my priorities.

I'd SOOO much rather be in shape that even having fun with my friends at a bar, but that's a distant goal to me that seems almost unreachable, although rationally, I know it isn't.

Zebo put it best:

"If you're serious about your goals.....its gotta go. Period.
No "I wish" "If only". You don't need it."

And ccc, if I could smoke like you suggest I get hanged! I live in Singapore!

Thanks you guys.

I think it all depends on what your goals are.....obviously if you are trying to put on a lot of muscle and are serious about bodybuilding, then yeah it should go. But if your the kinda person who just wants to stay in good shape, and look good and lean I don't think a night or two of drinking a week is gonna keep you from that. I'm the kind of guy who wants to stay defined, 10% bodyfat is fine with me. I'm 22 so going out and having fun is still important to me. I can't give up the partying completely yet. So I try and balance it out. I know I won't be 5-6% bodyfat and huge while I'm still in my partying years, but 10% with a good amount of muscle does just fine for going out partying and hookin up with hot girls.

patro said:
I love beer. I love alcohol.

-Patro in Slingy

Me too . . . and actually I have found that beer is good for you - it makes us smarter!! Hear me out . . .

Consider a herd of buffalo. That herd is as only as stong and as fast as its weakest member of the herd. Now, when a predator attacks the herd, it is the slowest and weakest buffalo that get killed thus leaving the remaing herd faster and stronger.
This is also similar to our brain. Our brain is as strong and fast as its weakest brain cell. So, when we drink beer, it kills the weakest and slowest brain cell, which in turn makes us smarter!

;)

:beer:

SK

patro, i have never heard of being hung for smoking grass:mad: that is fu@cked up. You can literally die from a night of drinking, but that is a-okay. Oh well, but try giving up drinking and you will notice your results coming allot quicker. This will give you a new kind of "buzz" that is a bunch more satisfying that beer. take care

ccc-

Well, ok, they won't HANG you just for having a joint, but you'll be in some deep shit and possibly get caned. But if you have like an ounce or something, or even half an ounce, it would be considered trafficking and you better get ready for the noose.

You're right. You can die from a night of drinking. Alcohol makes you do so much stupid shit that weed will never make you do. I know....I'm just waiting for that new kind of "buzz" you were talking about....thanks

Hmmmmm different strokes.....

In Islamic literature, alcohol is clearly and stictly prohibited. Strangely, Isamic literature has no comment on marijuana or tobacco......so many, many islamic males smoke cigarettes and joints without any feelings of religious or cultural guilt. In other words, some factions of Islam WILL hang you for boozing, but will join you for a joint!!!!

All I'm saying is that your perception of the legality, health or spiritual aspects of alcohol, marijuana (and other drugs) is purely cultural.

And of course you can justify any of your actions......

Save your beer drinking for your cheat day. But the other days continue to follow your diet. Once you reach your goals you will be able to drink your beer any day of the week that you want, if you still desire to do that.

As the others already said : don't drink beer....

but if you really have to drink alcohol you'd better take red wine

Top Bottom