Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice on a Bulking Diet? No success so far

Rudedawg2011

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on my diet. I'm currently 185lbs with 18% Body Fat. My goal is to be at 220lbs with about 10-15% Body Fat. I'm currently eating 3,000 calories on my off days and 3,500 on my workout days. I weight train 4 days a week with 20 minutes of Cardio after the workout. I've been eating clean and working out solidly the past 6 months but have been unsuccessful in putting on lbs on the scale, all this diet does is make me go to the restroom 2-3 times daily lol. I hired a personal trainer to help me out 2 months ago, he tweaked my diet somewhat but I've still had no success. Can anybody offer any advice or similar stories to assist me with my goal? I have not attempted any cycles yet but I am on TRT. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Current diet:
2 scoops Protein, 2 cups Oatmeal

10oz Chicken Breast
1 Cups Brown Rice
2 Cups Veggies
1 apple

10oz Chicken Breast
1 Cups Brown Rice
2 Cups Veggies

2 Scoops Protein, 1 Cup oatmeal

10oz Chicken Breast
2 Cups Veggies

After workout;
2 Scoops Protein, 1 Banana, 1 tbsp pbutter, 1 Scoop waximaize, 2 Breads

Last edited:
Are you sure that that equals 3000Kcals.. doesn't seem like much food for that much calories

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Going from 185 @ 18% to 220 @ 10-15% is a major undertaking and will take significant time and effort. It took me 5 years of solid work to go from 165 @ 15% to 200 @ 15% (but I am older). My goal is the same as yours and hope to do it within the next 5 years. If I actually hit 220 @ 10% that would be a major accomplishment in my life.

Back to your question. If you are not gaining weight, then you are not eating enough, period. However, you are at a pretty high BF to be bulking as you will gain a little fat that you will have to diet off later. If I were you I would focus on losing the BF you have now and then you will be in better shape to bulk. First its easier when you are lighter (need less food) and after a period of dieting your body will be in a very good state to put weight back on easily.

No need if you are on TRT. Just don't crash diet. Aim for 1000 calories / day deficit through diet and cardio. TRT dose will keep you anabolic.

Top Bottom