Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab routines! (post up)

Sassy69 said:
Is this what Arnold called "vacuums" or something like that? Ab work - sit upright on the edge of a bench, contract abs & exhale all the way out, hold, inhale, repeat - do sides & center.

nope, in this one you start on a very steep decline bench. Slowly lower yourself 1/2 way down, to where you feel the most resistance. Hold for a slow count of 5, then come back up. Thats one rep, try for say 5 sets of 5 reps to start with. It doesnt sound like much, but by the last set you will see how brutal it is, as long as you dont cheat on the 5 second count. After you get used to it, you can either increase the weight or # of reps. I started with 5x5 with no weight, over the years got up to 5 sets of 10 with a 45lb plate. And it didnt increase my waist size, it was still around 29" on stage last year

needsize said:
nope, in this one you start on a very steep decline bench. Slowly lower yourself 1/2 way down, to where you feel the most resistance. Hold for a slow count of 5, then come back up. Thats one rep, try for say 5 sets of 5 reps to start with. It doesnt sound like much, but by the last set you will see how brutal it is, as long as you dont cheat on the 5 second count. After you get used to it, you can either increase the weight or # of reps. I started with 5x5 with no weight, over the years got up to 5 sets of 10 with a 45lb plate. And it didnt increase my waist size, it was still around 29" on stage last year
I still don't get it ... I think you going to have to show me in person. :qt:

superqt4u2nv said:
I still don't get it ... I think you going to have to show me in person. :qt:

again......okay :mix:

Decline or roman chair / ab bench? Now I get ya. I was doing similar w/ my trainer but on a flat bench w/ he holding down my knees when they started to pop up. I think this is something I can incorporate into my ab days as my chiro has removed a bunch of my weighted pull down type exercises.

I use a decline bench that most use for dumbell presses, it has a place to hook in your feet, I'm the only one that uses it for abs. It probably isnt that important what type you use, as long as you can hip the stress off your hip flexors

Vel - Thanks for posting that link to Brickgirl's photos... That was the motivation I needed... That flicked on the "switch" to get me motivated :)

ashley2212 said:
Vel - Thanks for posting that link to Brickgirl's photos... That was the motivation I needed... That flicked on the "switch" to get me motivated :)

Cool.
:)

She's pretty amazing.

My favorites are the bicycle crunches in which you touch your elbows with oppostie knee, i can really feel and see them working on my abs.

I don't do a great deal - abs 2-3 times per week I believe most compound free weight exercises use your abs to stabilise & I concentrate on keeping my mid section very tight throughout all my workouts.

I usually do:

Straight leg raises (hanging)
Crunches
Roman Chair sit-ups
Knee-ins on bench
Broomstick twist

I usually do 2 of these exercises for 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps. I find squats, deadlifts, standing barbell curls etc train a good core strength for abs.My abs are quite strong but I find it difficult to attain a visual six pack. In my experience diet & cardio are more effective for that than 100's of crunches. I used to drive myself silly doing 15 sets of 25 for abs.I didn't get anywhere apart from tired & bored!.

think your are tought when it comes to abs:

DOUBLE DOG DARE YA:

Bicycles with upper body motion...shoulder off th emat at all times followed by lying leg scissors....keep heels 12-18 inches from the floor...

do 2 minutes of each.

Top Bottom