Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab routines! (post up)

3 or 4 times a week

4 set lying scissors reps of 15
crunch machine 4 sets reps of ten arms overhead and on sidde alternating 2 as 1 set
ball 2 sets reps of 30

then I callm my monny and cry becasue I can't breath or walk hahahahhaa

I once read a thread by "needsize" where he suggested these amazing static holds. You lean back on a decline bench until you're at max. resistance (more or less the midway position if you performed a situp) and you just hold it for five seconds or so. That's one rep...and you shoot for five sets, etc.,

Anyways, those are all I've been doing for the past two months, maybe three times a week. Never been happier with my abs and worked so little on them.

Stryc-9 said:
I once read a thread by "needsize" where he suggested these amazing static holds. You lean back on a decline bench until you're at max. resistance (more or less the midway position if you performed a situp) and you just hold it for five seconds or so. That's one rep...and you shoot for five sets, etc.,

Anyways, those are all I've been doing for the past two months, maybe three times a week. Never been happier with my abs and worked so little on them.

That sounds killer!! I do something similar as I do crunches/sit-ups on a decline bench with either a plate or a heavy ball. I'll hold the plate or ball up in the air about mid-way in the crunch & just hold it till I'm shaking.....

Frisky said:
While training for Pl'ing I did alot of weighted and band work for my abs. My favorite is to lie on a bench .. wrap a band around your ankles and have someone holding it for resistance standing about 4 feet from you.. the further away the more resistance. Hold on to the top or sides (I hold the top) of the bench and pull your legs in.. in a reverse crunch motion.. KILLER

There was a girl at a gym I used to work at who asked me once to take her lifting belt and strap her stacked ankles to a flat bench. It was the strangest thing I've ever heard of, but it actually seemed like an interesting idea. She laid on her side and lifted up for some oblique work.

I do 3 ab exercises for 3 sets of 30 twice a week. I never stick to the same routine, so the exercises I do are always different.

Yesterday I did lying scissors, leg raises holding (with chin up bar), and side crunches.

Stryc-9 said:

This was shown to me by a powerlifter to stengthen my core, so it was shock to me that they did what they did for my abs appearance wise. But 5 sets, maybe 1x per week of this is all I've done for the last 6-7 years, and its amazing the results. I hate ab training so it works out great for me

velvett said:
Time under tension.

EXACTLY.....I have argued that point foever...its all part of the SHadow Unified TraIning Theory....or SHUT IT

Top Bottom