Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

$70,000 Panasonic 103" plasma TV?

This gives a whole new meaning to "picking up a used TV set"… I think I need this!
103" Panasonic 1080p Plasma Television Model TH 103PF9UK | eBay

I got outbid on my opening bid, but we'll see what happens. It's nearly 500 lbs shipping weight, and the seller isn't willing to ship it, so that lets out a lot of hopeful bidders. This is the largest plasma display ever built, and originally was $100,000 in 2006, and the owner got it for $70,000. I say now it won't hit $1200.

Charles

who the FUCK wood pay $100,000 for a damn tv?

Plasma is all but dead on the market, good luck to that seller getting anything close to what he/she thinks they will get. It's not even the worlds largest plasma....that one was like 150 inches or something.

Exactly! In a few years, nobody will even know what a Plasma display was. I predict it'll go for $2500 MAYBE, but more likely it'll get a bid of way more than that, and the buyer will turn out to be a kid 1000 miles away and flake out… At which time the seller will call me, and I'll go pay my true bid and call a piano mover ;-).

As far as the biggest plasma display ever made, I mean the biggest one you could buy. I'm sure there were prototypes and experimental ones much bigger, but unless I've missed something, the 103" Matsushita panel is the biggest production panel ever made. (The biggest production CRT ever made was the Sony 43" in 1989, which sold for $40,000.)

it's good to see someone taking this shit srsly

I only want it because it's a rare bird, and they'll never make another contraption like that again. I'm not going to use it regularly if I win it… At 1.8 kilowatts, it would run my power bill into the 5th tier and get me a fine bigger than the TV! I like the picture on plasma a lot better than any other flat display, and since they quit making them last year, I've picked up a few of them.

I just like weird things that nobody else has. Remember I have other weird stuff too, like my 1984 Toyota Camry turbo-Diesel, and my air raid sirens.

who the FUCK wood pay $100,000 for a damn tv?

That's a really good question… I sure wouldn't! But somebody bought this one when it was new, and I have two of the 61" Sony plasma sets that sold new for $18,500 each in 2004 (I paid under $200 for both, and fixed them), and I have a Sony 30" CRT set that sold for $10,700 in 1981, which I bought for $90 on eBay. The most I ever paid for a TV was $1750 for a new 1983 Sony 25" monitor when I was in high school, and "had to have it".

Charles

Exactly! In a few years, nobody will even know what a Plasma display was. I predict it'll go for $2500 MAYBE, but more likely it'll get a bid of way more than that, and the buyer will turn out to be a kid 1000 miles away and flake out… At which time the seller will call me, and I'll go pay my true bid and call a piano mover ;-).

As far as the biggest plasma display ever made, I mean the biggest one you could buy. I'm sure there were prototypes and experimental ones much bigger, but unless I've missed something, the 103" Matsushita panel is the biggest production panel ever made. (The biggest production CRT ever made was the Sony 43" in 1989, which sold for $40,000.)

I only want it because it's a rare bird, and they'll never make another contraption like that again. I'm not going to use it regularly if I win it… At 1.8 kilowatts, it would run my power bill into the 5th tier and get me a fine bigger than the TV! I like the picture on plasma a lot better than any other flat display, and since they quit making them last year, I've picked up a few of them.

I just like weird things that nobody else has. Remember I have other weird stuff too, like my 1984 Toyota Camry turbo-Diesel, and my air raid sirens.

That's a really good question… I sure wouldn't! But somebody bought this one when it was new, and I have two of the 61" Sony plasma sets that sold new for $18,500 each in 2004 (I paid under $200 for both, and fixed them), and I have a Sony 30" CRT set that sold for $10,700 in 1981, which I bought for $90 on eBay. The most I ever paid for a TV was $1750 for a new 1983 Sony 25" monitor when I was in high school, and "had to have it".

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The auction ends this afternoon, and I'm out. It's now over $2500, and I'm not re-bidding. Still, we'll see what happens with whomever is high bidder ;-)

Charles

opmal.jpg

The auction ends this afternoon, and I'm out. It's now over $2500, and I'm not re-bidding. Still, we'll see what happens with whomever is high bidder ;-)

Charles

look... i'll sell you my used iPhone for $2,500 but not a PENNY less. you can watch TV on it and it has a beautiful retina display. it's a steal and I won't make you bid. think about it.

Top Bottom