x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Protein shakes as main source of protein. within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I was wondering if anyone had experience using protein shakes as the main source of protein other then meats?Also wondering would the gains be drastically diff?Because where im at its kinda hard to get good solid sources of protein day in day out besides the damn shakes.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Protein shakes as main source of protein.

remember you talk out of you ass, shut theee fuck up
    If you donít like honest answers from people who have had different experiences than you, why do you bother to post the question?

Seems like a waste of time

Pro Bodybuilder

Quote Quote posted by BLACKDOOG
    I use to squat on the free squat rack but now I do smith machine squats and those work just as good for me. The results that I get from replacing some meals with shakes have given me good results but like I said on my next cycle I going to be consuming 6 meals a day getting about 80% of my protein from them and using 2 shakes so I can get the total amount of calories that I need. If the results that I ghet are not any better I will switch back to shakes being the the majority of protein and calorie intake.
    Sounds like a plan. Bottom line is to do what works best for you.

I think most would agree that protein powders are a great way to *supplement* your diet, not *be* the bulk of your diet... no powdered shake will offer the broad range of nutrients that whole foods can offer...remember, whole foods offer alot more than just protein and carbs.... however, for those needing large amounts of calories and protein, it's difficult to get that from whole foods alone... so the key here is balance... personally, my diet is at least 60% whole foods and the rest supplemented with different types of protein powder (whey primarily for post-workout, casein before bed, egg throughout the day)

Quote Quote posted by 52_21_30
    Quad, if you were unable to actually drink shakes, is there any solid protein bar to recommend? I agree that at times shakes are a must. Contest prep is a prime example. Its impossible to eat 500+ grams of protein a day from whole foods. I like your idea of the added fats to slow absorption. DO you use heavy cream or some coolwhip?
    Most protein bars are full of sugar, fat and other fillers that you don't want... some bars may offer 30g protein, but the truth is, they're nothing but a protein-loaded candy bar... if you don't care of the quality of calories you're taking in, then I guess it doesn't matter.... otherwise, be sure to scrutinize what's in the bar.

niv

Quote Quote posted by youngguns
    you talk out of your ass. whey is the best bang for your buck x10, literally.
    hey yougguns, you're a fucking fag.. shut your fuckin mouth a while and give us all a fuckin break you little piece of shit.. and if thats you in your avi then aside from being a fag you also look arab which is even worse you homo

Pro Bodybuilder

Quote Quote posted by niv
    hey yougguns, you're a fucking fag.. shut your fuckin mouth a while and give us all a fuckin break you little piece of shit.. and if thats you in your avi then aside from being a fag you also look arab which is even worse you homo
    Wow! now that I g-bombed youngguns, People are gonna say its an israeli.american conspiracy..

niv

Quote Quote posted by stewfoo
    Wow! now that I g-bombed youngguns, People are gonna say its an israeli.american conspiracy..
    lol

Olympian

For me, shake in the morning, post workout and before bedtime. 144gm protein

Food intake:
    Breakfast : bagel, oatmeal
    Snack
    Lunch: 2 chicken sandwiches, or 4 jr double cheeseburger (to make 2 burgers, toss the buns from 2 of them)
    Snack
    Snack then head to the gym
    Dinner: salad and some sort of protein, beef, chicken, pork, fish.

doing this last 3 months have really made me stronger and bigger.. but weight still same, must be replacing the fat w/muscle. Also this is the first time for me repping 315 x 6-7 reps. never before did that.. best was 285 x 8 reps. taking 2 shakes/day. and eating relatively same food, and cycle as well.

niv

bump

Quote Quote posted by niv
    LOL............youngguns is a gay raghead