Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

youngguns said:
remember you talk out of you ass, shut theee fuck up
The guy you're insulting is well liked and well respected in this forum. You aren't. Show some respect, act like you were taught some manners by your parents. If you are allowed to talk that way in C&C, well please stay over there.

i get 250g protein/day. of that 120g is from shakes. i have good results w/ that, but when i'm cutting, i try to get the least amount of protein from shakes, and switch to more chicken, eggs, beef and fish. it's better, healthwise and physique-wise IMO.

Quad, if you were unable to actually drink shakes, is there any solid protein bar to recommend? I agree that at times shakes are a must. Contest prep is a prime example. Its impossible to eat 500+ grams of protein a day from whole foods. I like your idea of the added fats to slow absorption. DO you use heavy cream or some coolwhip?

here is a trick...

take 1 shake just before each meal only use 1 scoop though... 25g protein, then your normal meal..

great as a cutter, and keeps you feeling full..

I use to squat on the free squat rack but now I do smith machine squats and those work just as good for me. The results that I get from replacing some meals with shakes have given me good results but like I said on my next cycle I going to be consuming 6 meals a day getting about 80% of my protein from them and using 2 shakes so I can get the total amount of calories that I need. If the results that I ghet are not any better I will switch back to shakes being the the majority of protein and calorie intake.

52_21_30 said:
I used to drink a lot of shakes, but I've made much better gains by putting the time in to cook all my whole food meals. I only drink 1 shake per day, and that's post workout. Besides, most shakes give me bloat, gas, and horrible aftertaste. Just remember a few things. Whey is designed to be absorbed quickly. After an hour post- shake your body is starving again. Also, these are synthetic products, the quality is not the same as whole foods. Finally, drinking shakes instead of eating non-palatable foods like egg whites, plain grilled chicken, and tuna out of the can is EASY. If something in this sport is easy, it's not the right thing to do, such as smith machine aquats instead of free standing, or pec deck instead of dumbell flyes, or pulldowns instead of barbell rows.

Also, protein powders are usually high in cholesterol. But if your job is so hectic that you cant eat, I guess you have no choice.

remember you talk out of you ass, shut theee fuck up

If you don’t like honest answers from people who have had different experiences than you, why do you bother to post the question?

Seems like a waste of time

BLACKDOOG said:
I use to squat on the free squat rack but now I do smith machine squats and those work just as good for me. The results that I get from replacing some meals with shakes have given me good results but like I said on my next cycle I going to be consuming 6 meals a day getting about 80% of my protein from them and using 2 shakes so I can get the total amount of calories that I need. If the results that I ghet are not any better I will switch back to shakes being the the majority of protein and calorie intake.

Sounds like a plan. Bottom line is to do what works best for you.

I think most would agree that protein powders are a great way to *supplement* your diet, not *be* the bulk of your diet... no powdered shake will offer the broad range of nutrients that whole foods can offer...remember, whole foods offer alot more than just protein and carbs.... however, for those needing large amounts of calories and protein, it's difficult to get that from whole foods alone... so the key here is balance... personally, my diet is at least 60% whole foods and the rest supplemented with different types of protein powder (whey primarily for post-workout, casein before bed, egg throughout the day)

52_21_30 said:
Quad, if you were unable to actually drink shakes, is there any solid protein bar to recommend? I agree that at times shakes are a must. Contest prep is a prime example. Its impossible to eat 500+ grams of protein a day from whole foods. I like your idea of the added fats to slow absorption. DO you use heavy cream or some coolwhip?

Most protein bars are full of sugar, fat and other fillers that you don't want... some bars may offer 30g protein, but the truth is, they're nothing but a protein-loaded candy bar... if you don't care of the quality of calories you're taking in, then I guess it doesn't matter.... otherwise, be sure to scrutinize what's in the bar.

Top Bottom