Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Noobie Cutting Diet - Need Feedback

Kascadian

Hey there,

I was hoping to get some feedback good/bad about my diet. I'm basically starting everything over. I had a few injuries & surgeries in the last few years and have really let myself get out of shape. I realize now that I've never taken my diet seriously. Back in high school I was satisfied with 1/2 assed results, but I'm ready to get my diet in check.

Please forgive me if this has been asked 100,000+ times. I'm new around here and plan on doing a lot of research involving dieting, and lifting. I'll also be checking out the stickies at the top of this section.

This diet is basically a cutting diet. I'm currently 216 lbs @ 6'3. I'm looking to drop down to about 185-190 before I start bulking. Please keep in mind, I do add veggies to most of these meals, but I don't really bother calculating veggies. I know I should, and will begin to, but I eat them for the nutritional aspect.

Meal One (7 am)
1 Cup Egg Beaters
120 cals & 0g fat
24g protein

Meal Two (post workout - 10 am)
2 scoops GNC AMP Whey
260 Cals 4g fat
40g protein

Meal Three (2 pm)
Canned Chicken in Water
350 cals 7.5g fat (5 servings @ 70 cals)
60g protein

Meal Four (5-6 pm)
Canned Tuna in Water
420 cals 12g fat (6 servings @ 70 cals)
78g protein

Meal Five (10 pm - same as post workout)
2 scoops GNC AMP Whey
260 cals 4g fat
40g protein

TOTALS:
1410 Cals
27.5g Fat
242g Protein

32g Carbs

After seeing the actual numbers in front of me, I believe 1410 is extremely low. This must be a major reason why my results are so slow. I'll continue reading, but I'd love some advice on this diet.

I used to be 300 lbs @ 6'3, so I'm almost paranoid of food even though it was my own irresponsibility that caused me to weigh 300 lbs at one point. I went from 300 lbs down to 216, but I'm still not toned, this is what I'm trying to fix by shredding fat. I know calories will be needed to grow, I just hope I'm not way undercutting.

Workout Schedule
Monday: 45 minutes cardio + arms
Tuesday: 45 minutes cardio + legs
Wednesday: 45 minutes cardio + chest
Thursday: 45 minutes cardio + back
Friday: 45 minutes cardio + shoulders
Saturday/Sunday: Rest

Thanks guys, hope I didn't stir up a shit storm asking questions. I assure you all I'll be continuing my research.

Kas

You need to add a lot more food and carbs!!

Your protein intake is not bad but u need more carbs and fats

Look at it this way..... Of course this is gonna work for a little while then u will stall but where are u gonna go???? How are u going to cut cals and carbs when ur not eating much of anything to begin with.

Start food intake much higher and start cardio much lower. There for u can add more cardio and cut more cals and carbs as u stop making gains.

Just like warrior stated not enough calls or food. Eat about 4-5 food meals plus a shake or two max. I also suggest you switch your training around and do a push, pull, legs split. Use compound moves instead of iso moves. They build more muscle and burn more fat. If you start to slow down I suggest a good fat burner like n2burn and n2slin.

Hi Kas

I can't understand why you didn't offer us up a sample of the carbs/veggies you consume. I can only assume from the fact you said you eat them for the nutritional aspect, means there's very little in terms of caloric value.
Please understand that you cannot get the results you're after (dissolving body fat) on a diet so low in calories and carbs. This is basically, an Atkins diet with out the fat or calories. What I mean is, this diet will have the effect of an Atkin's diet, by way of your body consuming itself (LBM/FBM) in order to satisfy its energy needs. With the extra output of CV activity, you're just going to end up a skinnier version of what you are now.

Your body fat percentage will pretty much stay the same compared to your lean mass percentage. Get what I'm saying?

Everyone who's commented so far is totally correct. The protein intake seems fine but the rest is in need of attention. Up those carbs!
Not only will this help preserve the mass you want to keep (LBM), it will also serve to power up your workouts and keep you in a fat burniong state longer.

Glad you're going to read the stickies and do some research. It's all about learning and trial and error. We are all different but the rules of biology and physics basically apply to us all equally.

Good luck.

Craig

You need to add a lot more food and carbs!!

Your protein intake is not bad but u need more carbs and fats

Look at it this way..... Of course this is gonna work for a little while then u will stall but where are u gonna go???? How are u going to cut cals and carbs when ur not eating much of anything to begin with.

Start food intake much higher and start cardio much lower. There for u can add more cardio and cut more cals and carbs as u stop making gains.

I agree
You need way more calories i dont know your body fat but i would guess you need to go just over double the above stated calories this is just off the top of my head and you can definitely do more cardio
I would suggest not eating after 6 or 7pm if at all possible unless you are planning on lifting late in the day.

you need to calculate your BMR and add the amount of calories you burn in the gym to know how many calories you need a day if you want you can go slightly under i wouldn't suggest it and don't forget to add cardio and weights to your calories burned in the gym daily
Then you will know how much to eat.

with the diet above you are simply starving yourself you are not really cutting because the starvation is going to trigger your body to store fat if at all possible and break down protein IE muscles from your body to fuel your vital organs if needed every pound of muscle needs at least 3 grams of protein daily

Top Bottom