Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Maintenance diet ratios

We all hear about cutting diets, bulking diets but not much is said on maintenance diets. I feel like i've lost as much fat as I can now. Though not totally ripped im content.
Anyway what are good ratios/diets for maintenance?

what do u guys do and how about some sample diets?

thanks

I would say 35% protein, 55% carbs and 10% fats for maintenance. For bulking, go for 25% protein, 60% carbs and 15% fats.

I think you'd be amazed at what you can get away with and stay lean so long as you keep at it in the gym. I recently took 2 weeks off of my diet for a break and decided to give DC's eating methods a try for future reference. To make a long story short I was actually eating above what I thought was my maintenance calories(~3500) yet after 2 weeks I had actually lost weight. Which means I could have actually eaten even more to maintain. I actually lost the weight in the first week and then in the 2nd week I allowed myself more freedom in food choices and it kept me at the same weight.

I won't go into all of DC's recommendations here as you can find them if you look around, but basically it's high protein with moderate carbs/fats of the healthy kind. Protein is always eaten first to ensure you get it and to help fill you up so you don't overeat on the rest. He also cuts off carbs and fats at a designated time except for post workout nutrition. Add in some key supps(r-ala, cla, green tea, etc..) and you'll be mildly surprised at what's possible.

yeah that's what i was thinking, infact i was thinking of keeping it to around 25%

12 x bodyweight would give me about 650 calories less than i was eating whilst trying to cut lol so i think that 12 x would be wrong (well for me anyway)

maintenance is generally between bw x 14-16 ....but i can all depend on the individual, their metabolism, body structure, what kind of activity they do not only working out and cardio, but do you sit in an office all day or are you a construction worker.... you may just have to play with the numbers and the scale for a couple of weeks and figure out whats best for you ....40/30/30.. or 40/40/20 ratios have worked for me....

Nutrient intake timing is also of utomst importance to stay lean, not just total caloric intake and nutrient breakdown. Not only that but you can slowly gain muscle and lose even more fat on a maintenance caloric intake if you do it correctly. Add in a few supplements, ala Anarchy stack, and I think you'd be surprised at what you can get away with while not hurting your physique.

Top Bottom