Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

long term weight loss plan!!!

Sure

I'm pretty lazy so here is a direct quote from http://www.anabolicextreme.com/home.htm :

Question: I don’t think you know what your are talking
about. You are the only one who says that maltodextrin
is bad for you. Everyone that I know consumes large
amounts of this complex carb. and feels just fine. Plus, I
looked through all of my magazines and they all support
the consumption of maltodextrin. What’s your problem,
man! Get a life and learn a little before you spout off.

Answer: Hmmm…how do I go about answering this?
Well, I agree with you that it is used in a ton of products
on the market. I also agree that every magazine vastly
supports its use. However, and this is a big however,
maltodextrin is seriously harmful to consume. I am sorry
to say that everyone else doing it doesn’t make it
necessarily right or good for you. All of the magazines
(and the supplement companies that own them) have a
vested interest in hyping and selling you things that are
dirt cheap and convenient. In this case it is maltodextrin.
Technically, maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate, but
it behaves much like (actually worse than) a simple
sugar. I wish it wasn’t true but maltodextrin is 80%
worse than sucrose or table sugar. I have counseled
many fitness competitors who were consuming 2-3 meal
replacements per day and had subcutaneous fat stores that
they just couldn’t get rid of. Basically, these people
were desperate. As soon as I reviewed their diet, I knew
what the culprit was. They were consuming a large
portion of their calories as maltodextrin which was
spiking their sugar and insulin levels. The insulin was
activating fat-increasing enzymes which were making
them “fat”. In fact, another name for subcutaneous fat is
insulin fat.

Many times I take the “road less traveled”. While my
colleagues and the rest of the industry are saying one
thing, I will voice something different…something I
believe in…something that is the truth. In this case, there
is plenty of evidence to implicate maltodextrin as a
product to stay away from. Look on the back of your
meal replacement, sports bar, or any other macronutrient
product and look for the words maltodextrin. Even if the
product is sugar free, if it contains maltodextrin, it is a
terrible product. STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!!

There you have it.

So what's up with you Calvin?

man great post andy, i have seen Malto in the GI index with it being very very high, but i guess i bought into the whole parrillo thing :rolleyes:

well this have been ok, i have alot of emotional problems and dealling with them with a consuler. but like im always going by portion or switching to low carbs again and some cheats inbetween...i know alot about nutrition, i mean ALOT but like i read, corn has a high GI or other stuff that like the "portion" diets say u can eat but like i dont know if i meantioned it but im a non insulin diabetic with my blood sugar in the 200-300 and trying to lower it by diet(the normal is like 70-max 140) so like o dont know if i should eat high fiber(50g) cause it can reverse diabetis. or low carbs cause it wont prmote insulin.. im like between a rock and a hard place.

but my powerlifting routine is going great :D

I think there's more too the maltodextrin being bad hype that they don't tell you. Syntrax,the company thats suppose to be releasing a new MRP is pushing maltodextrin being evil. They sponser AE, so I'm sure that had something to do with that article.

I don't have a composition chart,so this is just a guess. I think alot of the "low glyemic carbs" are mostly glucose. Other lower GI carbs have a combination of glucose and fructose,fructose has a low GI so the overall GI of that food somewhere in between.

For example, take the food Oatmeal. It considered a Low-glyemic carb,but oatmeal isn't a carb,its a food. The abundent carb in oatmeal is probably glucose,the same carb thats in maltodextrin. From reading other posts,it seems what lowers the GI,is the other factors. Oatmeal has a few grams of fat per serving,I'm sure that has something to do with the lower GI. Also it has few grams of fiber,that also lower the GI.

So,I've been thinking what If someone were to add a fiber tab to a myoplex and add some fat , would lower the GI???

Does the source of fat matter? I heard someone say liquid fat doesn't lower the GI?

Just want to say,I used oatmeal as an example only. I'm not sure if its mostly glucose since I don't have a composition chart or know where to find one???
My guess is oatmeal is mostly glucose,but with some other carbs too. So maltodextrin is probably all glucose. So if theres another carb in oatmeal it may also be another factor along with alot other littler things.

By the way, The skim milk should lower the GI of the meal.

I think the "low glyemic carbs" apply and are more important in a low fat/high carbo diet, or a low fat/high carb meal. I'm not sure of the facts on skim milk,but assuming its high in carbs,I think thats all lactose or alot of it? if it is,then you got maltodextrin and lactose. Lactose is low glyemic index so it should lower the GI of that meal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom