Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketogenic Diet

oar1125

Ive been looking at Ketogenic diets and am planning on putting one together for myself. Monday thru Friday I want to be carb free (almost) and Saturday and Sunday refuel with carbs. I was hoping maybe you guys and gals could help me put together a daily meal plan. Im having trouble figuring out what to eat on no carb days, in the sense of what foods to eat in place of my regular carbs. I know eggs, lean meats (chicken) and veggies. However Im not really sure about what to eat for breakfast, snacks (is cottage cheese okay on carb free days?) or even lunch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

oar1125 said:
Ive been looking at Ketogenic diets and am planning on putting one together for myself. Monday thru Friday I want to be carb free (almost) and Saturday and Sunday refuel with carbs. I was hoping maybe you guys and gals could help me put together a daily meal plan. Im having trouble figuring out what to eat on no carb days, in the sense of what foods to eat in place of my regular carbs. I know eggs, lean meats (chicken) and veggies. However Im not really sure about what to eat for breakfast, snacks (is cottage cheese okay on carb free days?) or even lunch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

if you are just starting, keep this in mind:

• If this is your first go around, you should really consider a refead Every Other Weekend and only do one day, not two. Seriously: do this like you have a serious marathon to run and do it with that level of dedication and intensity. less refeeds mean WAY more time in ketosis and less time pulling in and dropping out which are by FAR the hardes times both emotionally and physically. One refeed day every two weeks gives you just this side of THREE times the hours in ketosis and will get you where you want to be three times faster as well as the hell outtta this diet in one third the time. THAT is a good thing.
  • You MUST use a calorie counter/food database to get this right. I used, as many have and do, Fitday.com to get the real skinny on how many cals/what %s i was pulling so that i didnt waste any time at this.
  • For the first few times you drop into ketosis, you must eat NO carbs or as close to none until you are in. You body will get more effiecient at this, but at first you MUST teach the body to make the switch to fracturing fats for use as its prime energy source. ANY carbs in those first days will drasticly slow you down in this regard.
  • Search this board and read like a fiend on Keto diets, how to drop in fastest, what to eat, keto recipes from Obiwan, Jens, Chefwide et al, there are lots of resources ready for you already, use them, THEN ask. its better to have the homework done first, you will get better questions formulated that are easier to answer and will ger more out of less effort and time.

i'm on one right now...and listen to what g is saying...bro knows what he's talking about. the first few days i was on it i was eating about 20g of carsb a day...should have been 0...big mistake...i didn't load up on carbs the day before which was a mistake also...needless to say it took until my refeeding day for me to get in ketosis. so basically i wasted a weeks worth of time for nothing.

as far as foods go this has been my diet pretty much

meal 1 protein shake, fish oil

meal 2 1 cup eggwhites, 3 whole eggs, 4 strips of bacon

meal 3 usually chicken cooked in olive oil

meal 4 1 can tuna with mayo

meal 5 2 hamburgers without bun (no ketchup)

meal 6 usually chicken again with ceaser salad dressing

meal 7 pretty much an antipasta (sopressata, provolone, roasted red peppers)

macros look like 250g protein, 140-180g of fats (depending on what i eat) and 15g of carbs

this may help you get going.

quick question G......should one cut out the fats at night and just eat protein? people on this diet are basically substituting fats for carbs so we have energy....i don't require energy after like 7 (pwo) just curious if people should try and get the fat in earlier in the day. good luck oar! keep us posted!

I am not a big proponent of Keto diets, as they do work but are not more effective than LOW carb diets... that having been said, eat the fats and proteins together to slow the absobtion of both. I havent heard any proponents of Keto diets suggest that limitting the timing of the fats is of any measurable benefit one way or the other... other than empty tank cardio being a pretty constant thing either way...

thanks to all. yea ive been tryin to rea dup on them a lot and what not but its hard because im not a platinum member. jpt thanks for showing me your diet because it really helped me to show me what foods i can and cant eat. So Ghede I have a question? You said that ketogenic diets arent any better than LOW carb diets. SO is it even worth doing aketogenic diet then?

oar1125 said:
thanks to all. yea ive been tryin to rea dup on them a lot and what not but its hard because im not a platinum member. jpt thanks for showing me your diet because it really helped me to show me what foods i can and cant eat. So Ghede I have a question? You said that ketogenic diets arent any better than LOW carb diets. SO is it even worth doing aketogenic diet then?

therein lies the rub, young Horatio: what works best for YOU....?

When the dust settles, you really gotta try it for yourself to see if its for you, if you respond effectively to it, if its time/cost/hassle effective...

It worked for me. I like them. Some folks despise them.

You reall do have to make that call after the research, the questions, and some experimentation, whether or not its for you...

this is to get ripped for volleyball?

keto diets are miserable and soul destroying, assuming you work out then wave bye bye to your strength in the gym.. why would you want to use one when you're not under 10% already

Tweakle said:
this is to get ripped for volleyball?

keto diets are miserable and soul destroying, assuming you work out then wave bye bye to your strength in the gym.. why would you want to use one when you're not under 10% already

I used one at 38% down to about 20%, worked great. fast, easy, and with a little love i really had a killer time with the flavors.

I found it actually very calming, and not at all emotionally taxing while 'under', very much the opposite actually.

Interested: why would you say NOT to use a CKD or TKD unless you were under 10% from the start?

Top Bottom