Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating only twice a day

onyxvex

Okay I usually eat 2 times daily if I don't keep close watch of my diet. I have decided to do this again with no food during the day. I plan on going high carb in the morning and high protein and fat at night. Can positive gains be made? Have any of you made significant gains while only eating 2 times daily? all advice is appreciated

if you are new to lifting, you will probably still make some gains but not compared to eating 5 or 6 small meals a day
i konw a guy who would only eat every other day but he would eat 8000 calories on the day he did eat to make up for the day he didnt eat. he made pretty good gains..i wouldnt be able to do it myself

Don't worry about the frequency of your meals. The fact that you need 5-6 meals spread out to be effective is a myth. Diets like intermittent fasting disprove needing to eat often. I eat 2 meals every day and make bigger gains than when I was eating 6 times a day. Insanityapproved probably has one of the top physiques of this entire forum and practices the same diet. If I remember right, he is around 250-260 at 6% bodyfat....not exactly little...lol.

As long as you hit your total caloric target you will be good bro ;)

How many Cal's do you fit into those 2 meals rick? My problem is that I can't get the calories in with just 2 meals. So breaking up into smaller meals is easier for me

I take in around 3000 calories. ISo caloric even on carbs protein and fat. I started out lower but it just wasn't enough food to make the gains I would like I kept losing weight. Breakfast 6 eggs with cheese and turkey with mayo on whole wheat bread. A grip of grapes juice milk the usual plus a protein bar or shake. I change it up depending on my dinner.usually just meat and veggies with oil and protein shake

any opinions on the macro nutrient ratios

Last edited:
What RickRock said. Lots of material on the web on Intermentant Fasting. Even though the times change and length by the end of the week the cals all add up. Some people only eat during a 4-6 period and consume 3000-4000 cals during that time and fast the rest of the day. Some don't eat for two days then eat 6000+ cals in a day. It's all different but as long as your eating enough and healthy you should be fine. I believe the main purpose of 6 small meals during the day is to keep you from over doing it at one of your meals especially during a cutting routine....more for self control than anything.

I fast for 16 hours each day and then feed from noon until 8 PM. My fast breaking meal usually is a good 1500 cals easy, and sometimes as much as 2k with 125-150g protein in the meal. My last meal is close to the same but just slightly smaller. I go higher cal and higher carb on workout days with lower cal and lower carb on cardio/rest days

Lately I've been waiting 12-14 hours from the last time I ate. I like it a lot. Used to eat first thing in the morning but now that I wait I believe I do see a difference. Less Cardio needed. And i Def don't eat less, probably more.

Don't worry about the frequency of your meals. The fact that you need 5-6 meals spread out to be effective is a myth. Diets like intermittent fasting disprove needing to eat often. I eat 2 meals every day and make bigger gains than when I was eating 6 times a day. Insanityapproved probably has one of the top physiques of this entire forum and practices the same diet. If I remember right, he is around 250-260 at 6% bodyfat....not exactly little...lol.

As long as you hit your total caloric target you will be good bro ;)

Could you direct me to a link of his diet, when I go back to school I don't have the time to be doing 6 meals a day, I'll be in the middle of a test e /winny cycle about the 6-8th week in and would like to switch to a twice a day meal plan.

Top Bottom