Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Counting Calories

aky

When do you guys count calorie intake??? When cutting/dieting only or always.... I find it pretty difficult considering i dont cook everything that i eat and dont know how much of what is added. Who counts their calories all year around??

aky:alien:

While cutting I track my calories fairly accurately. During bullking I just make sure to get in the required amount and anything over that isn't worried about...

LOL@above
Well, I must be obsessive/compulsive because I tend to count my calories all year round. Not because I am anal but moreso to be sure I am eating clean and feeding my body. Peace

Never,

I count grams of protein, carbs and fat.

NO booze or drugs (unless some crazy's think gear is a drug, I like to think of it as a mainstain of life and only freaks live without it)

EAT like a bull, sleep and train.

Any questions?

how you guys do it i have no clue... i cant even do it for a month......

any tips!!!

aky

I count year round...Bulking or cutting. I measure everything as well to make sure the count is truely accurate. The thing that makes it easy for me is I eat the exact same thing every day. Before I begin cutting I write out my menu. I work at it and play with it until I have the right amount of calories and macronutrients. This takes knowing your foods and thier nutritional value. I keep it simple. Basic foods, no additives or special flavorings or sauces. I do the same for bulking. I write out a munu according to my nutritional needs. Once the menu is set calorie wise and nutrient wise I don't have to worry about anything. I know what I'm eating, how much I'm eating, and when to eat it. I don't have to worry if I'm getting enough of this or too much of this, or enough calories, or too many calories. By measuring I know the counts are accurate. I also set up an eating schedual. When I eat on certain days according to my days plans. When I was in school I schedualed my classes around meals and training. Once you get familiar with the nutritional and caloric values of the basic bodybuilding staples menu planning becomes a breeze. I threw my last bulking diet together in about five minutes because I knew what I needed nutrition and calorie wise and I knew what food sources would meet those needs. So really I count calories once, when I write my menu for my specified goal, and then just stick to my menu and measure my food and I have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom