Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carbing at pm time

gareca mells

Hi guys , I will be starting a cutting cycle soon and I'm trying to figure out what would be the latest time of the day to consume carbs like bananas, oats, and brown rice and red potatoes? how many hours before you sleep , thank you.

agreed. I've actually had way better luck putting on lean weight while mostly carbing at night. supposedly your insulin sensitivity lowers. there is an idea im trying out to actually not eat anything for 30-60 min after a workout. then only protein (aghast! no insulin spike!? whey is supposed to suffice unless bulking. then protein and a little carb like berries an hour later. carbs for dinner. the only caveat is if u worked out fasted or over 2 hours. then the carbs are needed.
especially on double workout days. I forget the reference. sorry. some famous Russian coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read a book I have here on the whole post workout window and food timing for bodybuilding purposes (not cutting though). Here's what I've said elsewhere: I think there ARE differences but they are minor. They make next to no difference in the short term. However, doing these apparently good habits again and again over the months and years will, in my opinion, add up.

One might argue, both for cutting purposes as well as muscle building, that having these good habits is exactly how we need to be for long term gains and losses.

i will implement a no dinner rule sometimes and it will make me wake up with a flat stomach. 2 things are in play here:

skipping dinner put me into a deficit cause i simply skipped 800 calories i would have gotten lol

and also many foods are inflammatory, so simply not eating anything before bed will help deflate the stomach

overall you want to eat less, less often to lose weight. and exercise daily. you don't HAVE TO skip dinner, but if skipping dinner works for you cause it teaches you to eat less calories, then do it

There is no exact science to this. Just focus on being in a caloric deficit overall each day to cut. Some people are fine with carbs and some need to cut them.

All these bro science rules make no sense.

Don't eat carbs after 6PM. Why 6PM? Why not 5PM? Why not 7PM? Is that 6PM EST? GMT? Pacific time?

See what I am getting at...

What matters at the end of the day is your total calorie intake at the end of the day. When you eat the food doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom