Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

all you Tom Clancy lovers.....which of his "jack ryan" series was your favorite book?

rnch

not a mentor
EF VIP
mine was/is "executive orders".....the one where he suddenly becomes President of the United States.

quite a contrast to the....person....who is the temporary occupant of 1600 penn ave today!

clear and present danger was a great movie

i thought harrison ford was too old to play jack ryan.

alec baldwin in "the hunt for red october" was the definitive jack ryan....just as sean connery will be the ONLY james bond for me.

I thought he became President in the book previous to Executive Orders. Didn't it end with, Come this way, Mr. President?

Sum of All Fears ruled.

Debt of Honor was the one with the surprise ending you just ruined. :evil:

Red Storm Rising is not part of the Jack Ryan series -- different universe.

I have read only one: Debt of Honor. I only read it to get some ideas about that style of writing.
At the end, I couldn't believe what I was reading:
A Japanese mega-industrialist brings a puppet politician to power as Prime Minister, and starts a 'mini-war' with the US - and Japan is the loser.
An older Japan Airline poilet who had fought in 2nd Word War sees Japan humuliated all over again. He takes control of an empty jumbo jet of his airline, flies it to Canada, gets all tanks filled with fuel, and then crashes it s it over the the Congress building.
.... wow ....
Except for small details, almost exactly what happened on 9/11 in 2001. He envisioned that very realistic scenario in 1994, 7 years before 9/11. The morons in the Pentagon whose job is to foresee any possible threats and develop defenses against them never got it !!!

The story comes so close to what actually happened that I sometimes wonder if the terrorists got the idea from Tom Clamcey's book.

President alongwith most of the congress die in that attack. Jack Ryan had earlier been nominated as vice president only to finish the term of the elected vice president who had to resign because of a rape scandal. The President request Jack Ryan to finish that VP's term and build built armed forces. He survives the attack with minor injuries and takes over as President.

Top Bottom