Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who gets immune system supression?

no standard Whey Protien only has about 13 grams per 100 grams

where Glutamine Peptides have more than 1/2- 1/3 :)
glutamine (somewhere in between

glennds said:
AAS do not suppress your immune system. lack of sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise, smoking, drinking and doing rec drugs do. if you are getting frequent colds you may want to change your habits.

don't forget overtraining.....even though you are on a cycle, it's still very possible to over train....What we tend to do is try to get the most bang for the buck while cycling thus we push the body harder than usual to try and grow as fast as we think we can which does result in overtraining...though it doesn't necessary stop us from gaining by scale measurements, but it does result in weakening our immune system and joints. Also when pushing the body to such a degree, a good night sleep changes into tossing and turning all night so now were not only over training, but not getting good rest.

hammertime30 said:
don't forget overtraining.....even though you are on a cycle, it's still very possible to over train....What we tend to do is try to get the most bang for the buck while cycling thus we push the body harder than usual to try and grow as fast as we think we can which does result in overtraining...though it doesn't necessary stop us from gaining by scale measurements, but it does result in weakening our immune system and joints. Also when pushing the body to such a degree, a good night sleep changes into tossing and turning all night so now were not only over training, but not getting good rest.

Right, i have overtrained many many many times on cycle. Back when i was young and inexperienced the 2 hour workouts and 16-20 sets for things like chest had me chronically overtrained, however i still had no problems with immunity. I am sure it plays a factor here, but i think gear can definitely do it on it's own.

glennds said:
AAS do not suppress your immune system. lack of sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise, smoking, drinking and doing rec drugs do. if you are getting frequent colds you may want to change your habits.

got some research studies to back this statement or are you just talking out of your ass?

Anabolic weakens your immune system:

SCU study reveals serious side effects of performance enhancing drugs
As the countdown continues to the Athens Olympics, a new study by a team of Southern Cross University (SCU) scientists has revealed serious new side effects of performance enhancing drugs.

The SCU study, led by Dr Robert Weatherby, has revealed that the use of anabolic steroids may significantly increase susceptibility to viral infections and cancers and raises questions about the dangers of long-term use of the banned substances.

The study, completed over six weeks under strict ethical and health controls, was carried out in conjunction with Mentorn, Channel 4 (UK) and New Scientist. The experiment formed part of the documentary “High Performance”, which screens on Foxtel tonight (Wednesday, August 11).

Dr Weatherby said the study revealed that using anabolic steroids, even at doses 50 times less than those commonly used by steroid abusers, significantly increased susceptibility to viral infections and cancers by weakening a vital part of the body’s immune system.

The researchers also found that steroids could cause a change in the users’ psychology, reducing their empathy for other people, and making them less sensitive to the effect of their actions on others. Unlike other drugs, which merely alter mood for a short time, this new evidence indicates steroids may cause a change to human personality, which is normally stable throughout life – a result that has potential implications for those convicted of criminal offences related to so called “roid rage”.

“Athletes have used these drugs for a long time, hoping to improve their performance, but now for the first time we’ve been able to show that androgenic anabolic steroids have a seriously detrimental effect on a specific part of the human body’s immune system,” Dr Weatherby said.

“Even at the doses we gave – 3.5 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight per week – 50 times less than those commonly used by athletes and bodybuilders, and for a period of only six weeks - the body’s ability to defend itself against viruses and cancers is likely to be significantly lessened.

“Anyone taking steroids over a long period of time - to improve their athletic performance in the short term - is potentially seriously endangering their health.”

The study involved a group of 24 multi-national volunteers who were based at a training camp in NSW. The volunteers were divided into two groups. One group was injected with an anabolic steroid (testosterone enanthate) and the second group injected with a placebo. The test was “double blind” so that neither the volunteers nor the scientists knew who was given what. The volunteers were then put through a training regime under the supervision of an Olympic standard coach.

Dr Weatherby said the study found that the effectiveness of NK (natural killer) cells, a type of white blood cell crucial to the body’s immune system, was reduced by 20% in those administered with the testosterone. This means that for the first time, a test on humans has linked androgenic anabolic steroids with a reduction in the NK cells’ ability to destroy diseased body cells – such as those infected with a virus or tumour. This reduction comes on top of the already reduced immune system that many athletes have through stressing their bodies with intensive training. It is believed that the reduction in NK Cell activity would be even greater at the higher level of steroids normally taken by bodybuilders and sports people.

The scientists also discovered significant psychological changes in those administered with testosterone, including effects on personality. These included a reduction in a psychological factor called sensitivity. This finding is significant because very few drugs cause an actual change to the personality, rather than just heightening mood swings after which the user returns to normal. The changes to personality result in a less empathetic, more compliant person who would take less responsibility for their actions. This may have legal implications, as for the first time, people using steroids who are charged with a criminal offence may be able to argue a defence of diminished responsibility.

Dr Weatherby said the results of the study demonstrated the need for further studies into the side-effects of performance enhancing drugs and SCU was considering avenues for ongoing research.

The Greatest said:
got some research studies to back this statement or are you just talking out of your ass?

yes i am talking out of my ass douchebag. are we supposed to read that whole cut and paste? :eek:

The Greatest said:

Anabolic weakens your immune system:

SCU study reveals serious side effects of performance enhancing drugs
As the countdown continues to the Athens Olympics, a new study by a team of Southern Cross University (SCU) scientists has revealed serious new side effects of performance enhancing drugs.

The SCU study, led by Dr Robert Weatherby, has revealed that the use of anabolic steroids may significantly increase susceptibility to viral infections and cancers and raises questions about the dangers of long-term use of the banned substances.

The study, completed over six weeks under strict ethical and health controls, was carried out in conjunction with Mentorn, Channel 4 (UK) and New Scientist. The experiment formed part of the documentary “High Performance”, which screens on Foxtel tonight (Wednesday, August 11).

Dr Weatherby said the study revealed that using anabolic steroids, even at doses 50 times less than those commonly used by steroid abusers, significantly increased susceptibility to viral infections and cancers by weakening a vital part of the body’s immune system.

The researchers also found that steroids could cause a change in the users’ psychology, reducing their empathy for other people, and making them less sensitive to the effect of their actions on others. Unlike other drugs, which merely alter mood for a short time, this new evidence indicates steroids may cause a change to human personality, which is normally stable throughout life – a result that has potential implications for those convicted of criminal offences related to so called “roid rage”.

“Athletes have used these drugs for a long time, hoping to improve their performance, but now for the first time we’ve been able to show that androgenic anabolic steroids have a seriously detrimental effect on a specific part of the human body’s immune system,” Dr Weatherby said.

“Even at the doses we gave – 3.5 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight per week – 50 times less than those commonly used by athletes and bodybuilders, and for a period of only six weeks - the body’s ability to defend itself against viruses and cancers is likely to be significantly lessened.

“Anyone taking steroids over a long period of time - to improve their athletic performance in the short term - is potentially seriously endangering their health.”

The study involved a group of 24 multi-national volunteers who were based at a training camp in NSW. The volunteers were divided into two groups. One group was injected with an anabolic steroid (testosterone enanthate) and the second group injected with a placebo. The test was “double blind” so that neither the volunteers nor the scientists knew who was given what. The volunteers were then put through a training regime under the supervision of an Olympic standard coach.

Dr Weatherby said the study found that the effectiveness of NK (natural killer) cells, a type of white blood cell crucial to the body’s immune system, was reduced by 20% in those administered with the testosterone. This means that for the first time, a test on humans has linked androgenic anabolic steroids with a reduction in the NK cells’ ability to destroy diseased body cells – such as those infected with a virus or tumour. This reduction comes on top of the already reduced immune system that many athletes have through stressing their bodies with intensive training. It is believed that the reduction in NK Cell activity would be even greater at the higher level of steroids normally taken by bodybuilders and sports people.

The scientists also discovered significant psychological changes in those administered with testosterone, including effects on personality. These included a reduction in a psychological factor called sensitivity. This finding is significant because very few drugs cause an actual change to the personality, rather than just heightening mood swings after which the user returns to normal. The changes to personality result in a less empathetic, more compliant person who would take less responsibility for their actions. This may have legal implications, as for the first time, people using steroids who are charged with a criminal offence may be able to argue a defence of diminished responsibility.

Dr Weatherby said the results of the study demonstrated the need for further studies into the side-effects of performance enhancing drugs and SCU was considering avenues for ongoing research.

Those are worrisome findings with the exception of the mood altering effects, empathy and some such crap. To me those are bullshit. Seems to me that researchers are always looking to find bad sides to testosterone as opposed to concentrating on looking to it's positives. If Test lowers some immune functions i would like to see a study showing a males with suppressed levels get their natural test up to par and see if the results are duplicated. I see attacks on test as attacks on our manhood. Estrogen gets a good rap everytime, test turns you into an irresponsible, reckelss and abusive asshole with a supressed immune system. The immune system supression may be real but may only show part of the whole scenario, I'll buy that , all other supposed findings are annoying, to say the least, not to mention it could have been a placebo effect itself.

GREGORY said:
Those are worrisome findings with the exception of the mood altering effects, empathy and some such crap. To me those are bullshit. Seems to me that researchers are always looking to find bad sides to testosterone as opposed to concentrating on looking to it's positives. If Test lowers some immune functions i would like to see a study showing a males with suppressed levels get their natural test up to par and see if the results are duplicated. I see attacks on test as attacks on our manhood. Estrogen gets a good rap everytime, test turns you into an irresponsible, reckelss and abusive asshole with a supressed immune system. The immune system supression may be real but may only show part of the whole scenario, I'll buy that , all other supposed findings are annoying, to say the least, not to mention it could have been a placebo effect itself.

Tooks the words right out of my mouth. Mood alteration on steriods is a total misnomer. But I do fear the immune suppression is very real. Not only in my case but thousands of anabolic users that I have talked with who delt with immune problems while on gear. This is why aas cycles should also include protocol for maintaing healthy nk killer activity. I am spreading the word in hopes that no other person has to go through the health problems I face these days. The extra muscle will not be worth it if you live your final months wasting away from cancer. I pray my tests come back neg.

Top Bottom