Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Var Lipid Profile PCT

jcam222

I know there are a lot of post out there about var cycles and pct. I dont however think I have seen much information on PCT or even supplements during cycle to minimize impact and subsequently recover damaged lipid profiles. For some of us old guys that is really important. I would love to see a consolidated thread on this as it relates to var and any other AAS that are harsh on the lipid profile. I think as a matter of fact that while var is know to be "safe and side effect free" many people look over this aspect of its sides. Thought?

Heres a starter for some discussion. I think this comes from an old EF post.

User experience seems to point to the fact that prolonged use does bring your good cholesterol down and your bad cholesterol up. Take your flax seed oil.

"Also, because oral steroids can decrease the "good" HDL cholesterol and increase the "bad" LDL cholesterol, oral steroids can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). If you use oral anabolic steroids consider taking 400 to 800 IU of Vitamin E, and 1,000 to 2,000 mg. of Vitamin C with each meal. These vitamin antioxidants help to protect cholesterol from the oxidation that is associated with CVD."

Look in "the best of elite fitness" for the cholesterol article by FONZ - his lipid formula is excellent, just ask Juice Authority.

untill then get policosanol - excellent cholesterol control supplement; big part of fonz's formula also fiber, vitamin E, garlic & green tea

S

jcam222 said:
I know there are a lot of post out there about var cycles and pct. I dont however think I have seen much information on PCT or even supplements during cycle to minimize impact and subsequently recover damaged lipid profiles. For some of us old guys that is really important. I would love to see a consolidated thread on this as it relates to var and any other AAS that are harsh on the lipid profile. I think as a matter of fact that while var is know to be "safe and side effect free" many people look over this aspect of its sides. Thought?

All I can say is that on a var cycle with 40mg of policosanols a day along with fish-oils and my HDL was terribly extremely low and LDL was very high.

jcam222 said:

absolutely right. if you're 20, you don't think of the long-term artery damage you might be doing. if you're 30+, then its quite another thing.

search on "cholesterol" there's a great series of threads

specifically for raising HDL:

1) lots of aerobic excercize (walking/running/biking)
2) policosanol
3) olive oil
4) noflush niacin (inositol hexanicotinate)
5) psyllum seed husk supplements (like metamucil etc)

works for me

Top Bottom