Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to stop taking anti- depressants

jc38999

Has anyone here ever taken anti- depressants and sometimes felt that things are not real. It almost feels like reality is a bit fuzzy. I want to stop taking effexor and start working out and feeling god again. I sleep all the time and I have no motivation. I did ecstacy for a year, but I don't think it's the main problem. I have been in debt and switching jobs, and now i just got laid off. And my girlfriend is basically useless without me. All she does is work, watch tv, and nag me. Well anyway, i want to stop taking effexor and begin eating right and finding nutrients and smart drugs that can actually help me to overcome my hardship rather then numb my hole spirit. My mind races alot! One person that I hang out with ,thinks that I my just have ADD, because i can't listen to someone without rudely blurting something out. And I when to see blackhawkdown yesterday and I don't remeber what it's about, because I couldn't concentrate. My mind was racing around on all types of subjects. I know this is a bodybuilding board but I neeed to clear my head so i can enjoy bodybuilding once again. Thanks, Jay
by the way I am only 26yrs old

When I was on after a divorce I quit cold turkey. I definatly would not advise that approach, it was dificult emotionally and physically. The best way to get off is to slowly taper off the dosage. However, sounds to me like you still have some issues and you need to make sure you can handle them before pulling the plug on your meds.

Some antidepressants should be tapered longer than others, but you should discuss how you're feeling with a doctor. On a lighter note, I felt the same way about Black Hawk Down, so you're not alone.

coming off is different with all the SRIs... I was able to stop prozac cold turkey with little problem, but when I did that with serzone I felt like absolut crap for three months (got flu/mono like symptoms and cold sores+ extreme lethargy and poor sleep). I don't know where effexor ranks in this category.

You are not alone in the whole "cloudy reality" side effect and lack of real enthusiasm anything. I found those sides much worse than any benifit the drugs might have been providing, so I do not take them anymore. Also I got falsely diagnose with ADHD when I was on the SRIs, since I had so little interest or enthusiasm about anything. I seriously doubt you have real ADD or ADHD, as that is something you would have seen developing when you were younger.

I wouldn't advise stopping Effexor cold turkey- AT ALL..

If you are having problems, talk to your doctor about tapering off or switching to other meds if you think you still need it..

Hmmm.. Maybe look into Wellbutrin- it is not an SSRI and I've heard it has the least amount of side effects..

But if you think your body is ready, see about tapering and controlling your depression with diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.

GOOD LUCK :) :)

There are so many different antidepressants. Efflexor may not be the best for you. Coming off can be a bitch. In many cases the antidepressant may have taken the place of a chemical that you body wasnt producing in order to have a stable state of being. In which case you would have had a endogenous depression and may have to stay on for good. I am. God knows how many times I have tried to wean them only to have the symptoms return full blast. In my case its a genetic disorder related to panic disorder that runs on my mothers side. To note, my brother has the same and also must take antidepressants indefinitely. Its not worth the loss of quality of life to be off them. But thats me. Good luck.

Top Bottom