Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

flax seed oil

smr91481

i went to gnc yesterday to get some flax seed oil and all they had were these gelcaps. i'm getting it to add some calories to my diet but these little 500mg gelcaps only have 5 calories per pill. it says take 1-2 daily...is that enough?

Don't buy the ridiculous capsules. Would you buy olive oil in a capsule??? I think most would laugh at the idea. Flax is a food source, as you perhaps unknowingly mentioned by your statement you are using it to add calories. If you buy the oil you can do quite a bit with it. Mix it with shakes. Make dressings out of it. Mix it in with food. It's just like any other oil calorie wise...120cal tbsn and 14g fat. It simply has very substantial amounts of linoleic acid and alpha-linoleic acid...Healthy and very benificial fatty acids. Get the oil. Protein factory has it as well as many other sites have flax oil. If you have a health food store in your area(besides GNC) they might have it.

1st of all IMO, flax seed oil is a must, particularly while "on". 2nd, you will definitely prefer the oil version (I always put a tblsp or 2 in every shake) which you can even get at Walmart for about $5. The caps are too tedious and not useful with food.

Hey Bros

When i researched flax seed oil some guys were mentioning that if you put flax into your shakes it ruins the effectiveness of it. There point was that if you put flax in a blender it messes it up. To me this does not make any sense. What do you guys think

Peace

Top Bottom