Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An endurance athlete’s experience with GW

I suffer from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome so spices are a no no for me) and gw did not affect my stomach at all. also taking affect I noticed a difference with my training almost right away but as I stated above the pure fat loss for me didn't become noticeable till month 2. but keep in mind I am already pretty trim .. I'm around 10% body fat today.

These symptoms as well as easy bruising are all signs of low vitamin C intake(ie think scurvy). The fact you had these issue long before GW use would seem to indicate there is no relationship but that when on GW perhaps your endurance is such that you can push yourself harder, which does cause additional axidate stress and places additional demands on the body for antioxidants (ie vit C).

Interesting... yes, not such issues with bruising, etc. while NOT on GW. Maybe I need to have my Vit C levels checked anyway just to be safe. Thanks for pointing that out.

Interesting... yes, not such issues with bruising, etc. while NOT on GW. Maybe I need to have my Vit C levels checked anyway just to be safe. Thanks for pointing that out.

Vit C levels arent something can can really be checked because its not cut and dry as say not having enough calories etc.

I normally wouldnt want to hijack a thread like this but it is your thread and I think there is a rampant misunderstanding about the role nutrients play in our health.

When I tell someone they have a nutritional deficiency they often scoff because they eat well etc but its not that simple and here is why.

We all think of nutrients simply as sources of energy (ie calories) but their roll is much more diverse.

Aside from nutrients being burned as fuel, A nutrient can be used a s building block or a component of a chemical process. Hormones for example are made up of fats. Fats can be burned as energy but also are needed for cell membranes etc.

Beyond being used for fuel or building blocks however nutrients can sacrifice their integrity to donate electrons to various tissues in the body.

We often hear the term "free radical" but what is it? To understand this we need to look at the basic makeup of our bodies and thats an atom or a clump of atoms that form a molecule. These entities strive to have a given amount of electrons and when they are missing electrons they can actually steal electrons from surrounding tissue. Many pathogens, bacteria and toxins are also electron deficient and its their stealing of electrons within our bodies that wreak havoc.

vitamin C is a major element used in not only the creation of collagen based tissue but its also a very powerful electron donator. Someone may consume say 10 grams of vit C a day, which may seem like a lot but then all of a sudden you catch the flu or are exposed to excessive amounts of toxins in drinking water, a bacterial infection or what have you. When this occurs your body rapidly gets depleted of vitamin C because its being used as an electron donor for the immune system so the toxins/virus/pathogens can be handled.

Most animals create their own vitamin C, mice for example create about 275mg per kg of bodyweight. If you were to correlate that to a a man, a 176lb man (if they had the ability to create vit C) would make about 22,000mg per day. Thats a FAR cry beyond what anyone who isnt intentionally taking large doses gets.

Then you add in the fact that contracting the flu can easily result in your body utilizing 100 grams or more per day while infection is active and you can see that that just one quick bout of getting sick can greatly deplete any vit C stores your body may have built up. While in this significantly deficient state(even if short lived) can deplete stores which can cause vit C dependent tissues to become weakened.

I suffer from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome so spices are a no no for me) and gw did not affect my stomach at all. also taking affect I noticed a difference with my training almost right away but as I stated above the pure fat loss for me didn't become noticeable till month 2. but keep in mind I am already pretty trim .. I'm around 10% body fat today.

I can't touch spicy foods either and I think I have a mild dose of IBS-it can flare up from time to time. Didn't train today due to my guts playing up but hoping to see a difference tomorrow when I go to the gym

These symptoms as well as easy bruising are all signs of low vitamin C intake(ie think scurvy). The fact you had these issue long before GW use would seem to indicate there is no relationship but that when on GW perhaps your endurance is such that you can push yourself harder, which does cause additional axidate stress and places additional demands on the body for antioxidants (ie vit C).

^^This is what I was going to suggest. If you're pushing yourself harder there's going to be more free radicals so your antioxidant intake will need to increase too...vitamin c also helps with joint health.

Nice thread Elite!...any chance the boost of endurance is allowing u to train harder which in turn can bring out the inflammation?...I've had a lot of surgeries & constantly fighting inflammation, so those symptoms concern me. I'm always in pain so it's hard for me to judge that lol.

Any luck with some of your other endurance experiments? PM me!

nothing ... i mean nothing compares to gw for endurance period.. unless you are going to toy with epo..no thanks!

Nice thread Elite!...any chance the boost of endurance is allowing u to train harder which in turn can bring out the inflammation?...I've had a lot of surgeries & constantly fighting inflammation, so those symptoms concern me. I'm always in pain so it's hard for me to judge that lol.

Any luck with some of your other endurance experiments? PM me!

I believe this is correct... if you stack the GW with the MK it should help with healing/pains

Vit C levels arent something can can really be checked because its not cut and dry as say not having enough calories etc.

I normally wouldnt want to hijack a thread like this but it is your thread and I think there is a rampant misunderstanding about the role nutrients play in our health.

When I tell someone they have a nutritional deficiency they often scoff because they eat well etc but its not that simple and here is why.

We all think of nutrients simply as sources of energy (ie calories) but their roll is much more diverse.

Aside from nutrients being burned as fuel, A nutrient can be used a s building block or a component of a chemical process. Hormones for example are made up of fats. Fats can be burned as energy but also are needed for cell membranes etc.

Beyond being used for fuel or building blocks however nutrients can sacrifice their integrity to donate electrons to various tissues in the body.

We often hear the term "free radical" but what is it? To understand this we need to look at the basic makeup of our bodies and thats an atom or a clump of atoms that form a molecule. These entities strive to have a given amount of electrons and when they are missing electrons they can actually steal electrons from surrounding tissue. Many pathogens, bacteria and toxins are also electron deficient and its their stealing of electrons within our bodies that wreak havoc.

vitamin C is a major element used in not only the creation of collagen based tissue but its also a very powerful electron donator. Someone may consume say 10 grams of vit C a day, which may seem like a lot but then all of a sudden you catch the flu or are exposed to excessive amounts of toxins in drinking water, a bacterial infection or what have you. When this occurs your body rapidly gets depleted of vitamin C because its being used as an electron donor for the immune system so the toxins/virus/pathogens can be handled.

Most animals create their own vitamin C, mice for example create about 275mg per kg of bodyweight. If you were to correlate that to a a man, a 176lb man (if they had the ability to create vit C) would make about 22,000mg per day. Thats a FAR cry beyond what anyone who isnt intentionally taking large doses gets.

Then you add in the fact that contracting the flu can easily result in your body utilizing 100 grams or more per day while infection is active and you can see that that just one quick bout of getting sick can greatly deplete any vit C stores your body may have built up. While in this significantly deficient state(even if short lived) can deplete stores which can cause vit C dependent tissues to become weakened.

No hijacking here, I appreciate the info! I will definitely up my vit C and see if it makes a difference, especially while on GW. Again, thanks for the input.

I believe this is correct... if you stack the GW with the MK it should help with healing/pains

I have run GW and MK (Osta) together and noticed no difference in inflammation... if anything I would say I noticed more inflammation when running both. I am actually planning on running Osta alone in the near future to see how my body responds to it by itself.

Top Bottom