Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Herniated disc

Slyder190

Well boys I got my MRI rsults back. I got a herniated disc between L5 and S1, which translates to the last disc at the bottom of the spine. The chiroprator says no squats and ease back into workouts and switch to exercises that give the most back support. He says as long as I'm careful, he thinks I should get better in a month or so. My question is, anyone else out there ever worked out with a herniated disc? What exercises should I avoid? Which are good to keep in mind? I believe I know for the most part, but until I actually go through the motions I won't know for sure. I plan on starting my cycle on Monday. The only that scares me is leg presses, but I guess I'll find out how it goes. The doc says they support the back pretty well, but I'm still a little nervous about doing them. Anyway, anybody who has worked out with this same problem, please send me a reply if you can. Thanks.

i have 2 h-disk i do all exercises just dont do superheavy squats or deadlifts still do heavy leg press just be careful with whinny it will dry out your disk it hurts like a bitch i allways use deca low dose to help with pain . just do what feels right it is not the end of the world my doc gave me a 3% disability for mine i have been liftingfor 3.5 years with h-disk.

Question

Jack,
You say you use deca to help with the pain? I plan on getting back to a completely pain free-life. How bad does your back hurt you?

I had the same problem a couple years ago. Another thing is to be careful and keep the natural arch in your lower back at all times. Be cautious about your form when doing all exercizes(ex. picking up bumbells off the rack or the floor for chest, bi's etc.) There is no pain like that of the lower back that I have experienced. The slightest move or jar will bring you to your knees. Just be really careful how you pick things up, go light, and never bend over to pick up anything. Herniated discs can easily turn into ruptured discs, then you're fucked(surgery).

i have a pain in my back all the time slight i am on oxycotin, i meant i have bad pain when i use whinny it just drys my disk out bad you will allways have some level of pain but you just learn to live with it bro sorry i know you do not want to hear that but it is true i have been living with it for 3.5 years now you will get use to it.

I am the king of lower back problems. I have 2 ruptured and 1 herniated! Do what feels best for your back. This is nothing to be played with. Take it easy and adjust more to lighter weights with more reps. Trust me. You might even want to shoot for a different physique look. For, instance look at being 190-200 (defensive back-Jason Sehorn) as opposed to 240-250 (linebacker- Ray Lewis). They are both in great shap and look fantastic. That's the way my doctor put it to me.

Also, your doctor recommended light squats or something? How about no squats, bro? Do lighter horizontal leg presses and heavy leg extensions along with curls. No running! Hop on the eliptical machines at the gym and hog it up for 15-20 minutes longer than you would run.

Trust me on this. I was discharged from the army for DJD aka degenerative joint disease of the lumbar spine, aka herniated and ruptured discs, aka arthritis of the spine aka OSTEOARTHRITIS!

Good luck. And, most importantly, don't let it beat you!!!!

i have 3 herniated discs that are pinching a nerve making my left arm go numb.my disks are hernieated pressing aganst the spine,besides pain it has caused my left pec,trap,and delt to shrink conciterably,i am currently on short term disability from work and off to the neurosergon the 28th of thos month.

slyder

I had the same disc bulging till it finally ruptured. My doc recommended therapy but I was so much pain I said no I wanted him to cut me. They have a procedure called microendoscopic discectomy. Basically they scope your back and remove the disc. This was the best thing I ever had done for my back. I have a scar approximately 1/2 inch on my back and I squat and deadlift more than ever. I missed about two months in the gym and was cleared to squat agin after four months but waited nearly a year. Point I'm trying to make is don't be scared of a surgeon fixing the problem. If he's good and up to date he can certainly improve your quality of life by taking away all pain. I know, my back hasn't hurt in a long time.

I have two. I was discharged from the Air Force in '95 because of them. I tried a shit load of therapy and avoided squats and definately deads. About two years ago, I decided to start doing really light deads. It was the best thing I've ever done. I now dead 500lbs and can SL 405 for 4. As long as I keep perfect form, I'm good to go. My spinal erectors are outstanding now. I still feel my back a lot, but its nowhere near as bad.

Top Bottom