Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Feeling Undiminished, Blut Attempts Restoration

blut wump

Old log here

My last real workout was 9th March. Since then I had two workouts to ramp back up from a 6-day layoff due to hamstrings problems and then one workout straight after the stomach illness I had. The stomach bug led straight into a sprained ankle which leads to this being basically a month-long layoff. My bodyweight this morning was 119.2 Kg (262.2 lbs).

There'll probably be little worth seeing here for a good few weeks but I kind of miss my log and I'm feeling good about playing with my nice new shiny weights so I thought I'd start a new log anyway.

Shiny new weights here. They've acquired some concrete scuffs now :(

I'm not running with any plan yet except to hit the weights and get some conditioning back and to see where I am. I still need to be careful with my ankle which was complaining today. Everything was complaining today, though. I was gasping for breath before I'd finished my squat warmups.

I don't have a bench at home so was planning to do OHP for pressing but I reckoned that I'd try some floor presses for a change. They were harder than I expected. I'd done some earlier in the day to try them out at 60Kg but when I came to do the 60s here it didn't want to leave the ground. Maybe I had started with them on my chest earlier. Anyway, I put a couple of 20Kg plates and a 15 and a 2.5 on the floor at each end which left the bar just fractions below my bottom point so I could get started easily and not be touching the plates at the bottom. It's great having workout kit at home.

I guzzled 4.5 Imperial pints of water during this workout which is about 5.6 American pints. We're in a heat wave.

All weights in Kilos, all weights except the 20s are +0.5Kg for the collars.
Squats
20x10, 30x10, 60x5, 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 100x5, 20x20
Floor Press
20x10, 40x10, 60x5, 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 100x5
BB Row
20x10, 60x5, 65x5, 70x5, 75x5, 80x5

Minor edit:
I'd double-entered one of the weights.

Last edited:
subscribed....

Just to throw it out there, 6 weeks of 20 rep squats might not be a bad idea now....you can start light for the ankle, and you'll definitely get your conditioning back.

A bit of rough sandpaper on that shiny new bar of yours will stop the weights sliding off, then you won't have to worry about the 0.5kg anomaly. Or you could leave them outside in the chicken shed and wait for them to rust up a bit ;)

I'm enjoying the heat too - I downed well over 2 litres of water whilst working out yesterday.

Welcome back!

That's an interesting and appealing idea. Maybe run triples on the Friday, something intermediate (5s) on the Weds and crazy 20-reppers on the Monday. I'll take another look at Guinness's 20-rep squat work.

You could even do a 3 week 'rehab' phase.....do 20 reppers 3 times a week and start out very, very light....like week one do 135 on mon, 155 on wed, 175 on fri, week 2 would be 195, 215, 235, week 3 would be 255, 275, 295, then do a deload week, and come back to 5's

BiggT said:
You could even do a 3 week 'rehab' phase.....do 20 reppers 3 times a week and start out very, very light....like week one do 135 on mon, 155 on wed, 175 on fri, week 2 would be 195, 215, 235, week 3 would be 255, 275, 295, then do a deload week, and come back to 5's
Now that sounds scary.

It's something I've never tried and occasionally thought about, though. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what Monday brings. My biggest fear at this stage is that I've lost all of the gains I made during the last program. It would be silly to drive myself into overload trying to get back to near to 4 plates too quickly though. Conditioning first.

the time off might even help, if it re-sensitizes you to the lighter loads.. that's never worked for me but apparently it does for some people ;)

Top Bottom