Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Blut Wumps Another 25

blut wump

Week 1 Day 1

It's probably time for another log since my last one was the Korte back in antiquity. If anyone's interested in bygone eras, it's here

Squats, unless specified otherwise are what I call ATF: hams make solid contact with calves. All weights, unless otherwise specified, are in Kilos.

My training has been a shade grim these past couple of months. I was running a conjugate thing of my own creation for a while until December. It went well and I was up to 130x3 for 5 sets on bench. 135x3 for 5 sets on squat. I got my front squat and GM to 125x3 for 5 sets. With my higher-rep work I got to 110x8 for 4 sets on bench and 115x8 for 4 sets on squats. I seem to be fully recovered from the deadlift injury and have done 165x5 and also 160x3 for 8 sets.

Anyway, I got loaded in December and things pretty much fell apart. I deloaded and got ill with something or other. Two weeks off for Christmas and then I seem to have had colds since early January. I've been running a Single Factor 5x5 to try to get my weights back up and am back to a 130x5 squat, 165x5 dead, 120x5 bench, each with more in the tank, and the bench was my signal to switch to Dual Factor.

I've joined in a lot of the discussions concerning Dual Vs. Single Factor but, simply, I don't really feel like I'm doing enough overall work on the SF. I've spent ages training to load myself and then deload, long before I stumbled on madcow's posts, and that's what I enjoy. So, time to switch, even though there's mileage left in the SF. I was getting bored with it.

Not much to report for W1D1. I think I chose the weights about right, neither easy nor hard, and it felt good to be working the extra volume. A fairly brisk workout.

The rows after the first set were deweighted between reps. Back held flat, as far as I could tell. The NSW on the bench sets are grip width (Narrow, Shoulder, Wide).

ATF Squats
20x10, 30x10, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3, 110x5x5
Bench
20x10N, 40x8S, 60x5W, 80x5N, 90x5S, 100x5W, 110x5W
BB Row
20x10, 60x5, 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 100x5
Needsize Abs 5x5
Hypers 4 sets of 12

One other thing: I'm juicing as from Saturday just past. 200mg Test Cyp every 4 days. Accordingly, this 5x5 might, possibly, not follow standard format as time passes.

Good luck, I look forward to reading about your progress... though it is a PIA for me to convert from kilso to lbs, I hate math.

I'm starting my sf journal today also, i'm about to go do my first set in the next couple of hours. good look BW i look forward to watching you progress :)
What are Needsize Abs ?
Edit: I know what Needsize abs are now i did a quick readup on Synpax's thread.

Good to see you back in the game. I was beginning to wonder if you'd stoppped lifting and were instead doing Pilates ;)

Also, glad to hear your injury has healed. Will you be running this as a pretty straightforward DF 5 x 5?

For the Needsize Abs 5x5's are you going to ramp the weight usedor keep it consistant for all 5 sets? I think I am going to give these a try today instead of my usual decline weighted sit ups. I am wondering how I should do them as far as weight used goes.

Jim Ouini said:
Good to see you back in the game. I was beginning to wonder if you'd stoppped lifting and were instead doing Pilates ;)

Also, glad to hear your injury has healed. Will you be running this as a pretty straightforward DF 5 x 5?
I'm expecting to run a pair of loading phases back-to-back before running into intensity.

djeclipse said:
For the Needsize Abs 5x5's are you going to ramp the weight usedor keep it consistant for all 5 sets? I think I am going to give these a try today instead of my usual decline weighted sit ups. I am wondering how I should do them as far as weight used goes.
I'll add some weight next week and see how it goes.

I forgot to mention body-weight in my preamble and, since I like to take it in the morning before my shower, it's going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Have you just finished your second set of 25? Congrats, young man!

I have to admit that I prefer to see weights in pounds, even though I use kilos myself! I have to convert to pounds to judge how heavy you're going.

Looking forward to your progress. Good luck.

I gave up on trying to come up with a response that doesn't involve "good luck" or "looking forward...", so good luck and welcome back to journaling.

Any other background on progress on previous cycles of the DF (or gear, if any)?

I'll be reading daily.....also, I couldn't agree more with taking cyp every 4 days. I don't care what anybody or any literature says about cypionate and enanthate being 'long-lasting' esters, if you go with once a week, you have 4 days where you feel like the King of the World, and 3 where you want to dig a hole and crawl in it.

I think you'll make some good, solid gains.

Top Bottom