Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pilates

Courtney

Lately, I have noticed that I AM NOT FLEXIBLE! I stretch some, but definitely not enough. Does anyone recommend pilates? Does it really work to help make you appear longer and leaner?(I know that the leaness comes from low bodyfat) But I guess the thing that appeals to me is the "longness." I feel like I am squatty and like I have a football player neck(which is okay for some people, but not me) So, I guess what I wondering...would it be worth it to buy a pilates tape? If so, how often do you recommend doing it? I have noticed that most of the tapes are 40-60 minutes long. So, doing that 3-4 times per week plus continuing with my weight training and cardio would just be chaos. It just seems like alot of time. So if anyone has any comments I would appreciate it.

You'll have better luck using a "rack", as in rack that was used to stretch people for torture years ago if you want longness.

W6

It looks to me that pilates is about core strength. You might want to work on that. I also suspect that the models they use for the vids are genetically built that way.

I've been doing pilates off and on for the past couple of months because I have not been able to lift like normal. No...it's not going to make your muscles longer, but it will help with core strength and flexibility. It also has a calming effect on me...nice to do at the end of the day as a stress reliever. Here's the one I got:

http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product.asp?product%5Fid=91%2D0201

It has 3 levels being demonstrated at the same time, so as you progress, you don't need a new video.

I'm 5'3" with a fair amount of muscle and pleanty of fat, especially around my belly and thighs. I don't think there's an exercise out there that will make me appear more elongated except cardio to help drop the fat. High heels and long pants/skirts magicly lengthen my legs though. ;) Wearing a top with a "V" line instead of a rounded neckline will help draw attention away from your neck giving you a leaner/longer looking neck.

If you want to become more flexible and feel taller (better posture) I would totally recommend pilates. You can buy tapes/CD and just do them at home you don't have to go onto the machines or public facilities.

Pilates will not change your body composition - only diet and weight training will do that.

I like the Winsor Pilates - nice way to start or end you day in addition to your regular workout.

GOOD LUCK

:)

http://www.winsorpilates.com

you can also try yoga there are some videos on the net, some of the basic postures help increase flexibility.

Top Bottom