Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie and seeking motivation

Thanks ladies!

I am in and out of a car for 12 hours a day so I don't have the option of using a blender for protein shakes. That is why I used the protein bars. So what I hear all of you saying is ditch the premade convenience foods and stick with real foods. I will get some EFA's and I don't like any fish or seafood, not even tuna. ewwwwww!!!!!!!!!! :)

As far as workouts go, I am open to any suggestions please.

Thanks!

You know you are a female bodybuilder/fitness/figure girl when you have about 5 different cool bags that match different outfits.

You have an entire cupboard dedicated to containers to transport food.

You can mix shakes in protein shaker.

I would recommend planning your meals and taking them with you.

I often cook up 500 g to 1000 g of chicken and then put it into baggies, tinfoil, tupperware, take away containers, then add in whatever else I am eating.

I make up three to six salads at a time.

I have a HUGE cooking session on Sundays, weigh and measure out at least two days worth of meals, and I also have at least another 6 portions I will freeze for those times that I can't cook, can't be bothered too tired (happens at least once every three to four weeks), so then I have at least two to three days worth of meals frozen.

Have to be organised with food hun, there really is no other way.

Protein shakes and meal replacements (which is what you should be having if you are considering it a meal), are really EMOs (emergency meals only).

As far as training goes, back to basics, all the compound (multi joint) exercises like bench press, dead lifts, military press, squats, bent over rows.............

Starting back I would go for an all over body workout three times a week, four sets of each exercise (one warm up set), and then three sets of 8-12 reps.

x
x
x

T

I carry all my food w/ me in a cooler every day for the last 7 years. Even tho I have access to a fridge & microwave at my office I pretty much am self-sufficient.

I do a mass cooking / grilling / broiling a couple times / week of chicken, turkey burger, steak, and occassionally fish. I also throw on a baked potato or yam. I keep 10 min rice (e.g. Success Instant Brown Rice) around and oatmeal. I pre-pack everything for 6 meals / day in case I get stuck anywhere I can't get home for my regular meals.

For protein shakes - get the protein powder that will mix up w/ water just by stirring or shaking. Get a shaker - you don't need a blender. I havent' used one in years. I keep the mix w/ me in a baggie or whatever & throw it in a shaker (e.g. like you can get if you order stuff from bodybuilding.com) with some water when I want it (i.e. not pre-mix it). This is also something you can easily mix in some flax seed oil or Udo's Choice or a fat source so you don't have to worry about eating fish.

As far as fish goes, if you want to try any, I'd suggest giving orange roughy a shot - its really some of the best tasting white fish you can find. HIGHLY recommend it and its top notch as far as nutritional value. I pretty much live on it the last week of my competition prep.

Almonds and natural peanut butter (e.g. only ingredient is peanuts - no sodium, no other shit) are also excellent and very convenient protein / fat sources.
There are also lots of recipes for homemade protein bars and other stuff.

Seems like the ladies who posted before me have pretty much got you covered with diet, etc.

My question is at 5'5", 125lbs 36-26-36 (which are nearly perfect measurements that few women EVER attain) what exactly is it that you want to do? Is it that you want to be competitive?

Top Bottom