Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie here needs guidance

Gentlemen..this is the women's forum and we need to treat what few female members we have here with respect or I will send Psizzle after you! ;)

If Glad and his wife can afford supplements, more power to them. My first competition, I had NO extra money and used NO supplements...nothing...not even protein powder. I drank coffee! And still placed top 5 in a non natty show. Are they necessary? Nope. Can they help? Sure. But..if you're eating chicken alfredo and hamburger helper, why waste your money? I agree with Glad..she already looks great with that diet! Imagine what she can accomplish with just cleaning it up?

Reactions: ceo
Lose the attitude, fish oil and protein is considered a supp so in a way you are wrong and no need to get so defensive. No one is telling here to get on anavar... Protein should be taking even if you are not working out as fish oil and a multivitamin all will help her loose weight and help her reach her goals

I can't help myself. Please explain to me how fish oil and a multi help you lose weight?

Lose the attitude, fish oil and protein is considered a supp so in a way you are wrong and no need to get so defensive. No one is telling here to get on anavar... Protein should be taking even if you are not working out as fish oil and a multivitamin all will help her loose weight and help her reach her goals

Re read it my lady I said ALL not just a multi and fish oil if she is cutting then its easy to say she won't be getting her daily vitamins, if you are deficient in a vitamin that can bring up other issues and you won't be worrying about loosing weight....

it starts with cleaning up your diet a little... you have to at least TRY.
supplement wise, lets start with a multi vitamin, fish oil, and start researching your fat burners, thermogenics ect.
if you dont like the jittery feeling, steer away from caffeine... if u dont mind being a little cracked out, then there are ENDLESS options because then you dont have to look at the caffeine in the supp. it becomes irrelevant.
meal replacment shakes can help curb the hunger, for me its a chocolate shake and does nothing, but for some it def helps.
i think this here is a good starting ground and then once u decide on a burner, u can build from there.
cardio, cardio, cardio and AT LEAST 200 sit ups a day! do the bosu ball crunches, planks, decline sit ups, anything that works your abs and core. mix them up and experiment... dont let your body get too used to any one thing

it starts with cleaning up your diet a little... you have to at least TRY.
supplement wise, lets start with a multi vitamin, fish oil, and start researching your fat burners, thermogenics ect.
if you dont like the jittery feeling, steer away from caffeine... if u dont mind being a little cracked out, then there are ENDLESS options because then you dont have to look at the caffeine in the supp. it becomes irrelevant.
meal replacment shakes can help curb the hunger, for me its a chocolate shake and does nothing, but for some it def helps.
i think this here is a good starting ground and then once u decide on a burner, u can build from there.
cardio, cardio, cardio and AT LEAST 200 sit ups a day! do the bosu ball crunches, planks, decline sit ups, anything that works your abs and core. mix them up and experiment... dont let your body get too used to any one thing

I agree guys, I know im posting for her, she just got a second job so shes pretty busy but today she made a protein shake and took it with her to work so im pretty proud of her for that, she is so picky when it comes to food so changing the diet is a big step.

What I bought for her was multi, fish oil, caffeine, whey and casein, and green tea extract. Then she is also starting to drink protein shakes since I have her lifting heavy free weights 3x a week doing push pull leg routine.

But i gotta agree with the others, I know she doesnt NEED the supps, but if it helps her get motivated and seeing results then why not? If she isnt gaining fat with her diet then it must not be too bad, so if she adds in some supps I feel like they are only going to help her.

Idk about cardio though, even if she is trying to bulk up a little but also lose fat? How about HIIT?

Hiit programs are good to incorporate for a week every month or as you see fit, if a client is gaining to much fat then we switch to hiit for a week and use this chance as a small "Deload" but regardless of fat/muscle the more cardio she can do the longer she will be able to train for

Glad, if you can afford supps and want to use them great! Ultimately, IMO, it comes down to calories in/ calories out. You cant out train a bad diet, type of thing. Protein shakes will help increase her protein intake and hopefully it'll be a start in changing her diet. If she's 16% bf, it just gets more difficult to go lower as a female and she's gonna have to do more than shakes diet wise.

It's a careful balance of three things... and before I get jumped read the WHOLE thing

the three things are;

diet
training
supplementation

if one is lacking (we'll use supps) then training and diet should be perfect..you can cheat a little with supplementing
we'll say, training and supps are perfect (and I'm talking legal and illegal here) then diet can be less than perfect
if training is a little rough then you need to focus on diet (perfect) and supps (probably over the top amount which isn't ultimately healthy)

I am NOT saying you SHOULD have diet and training askew but if you do you're going to need the crutch of supps until you get it under control

I don't think anyone here thinks you should be reaching for a substance first and diet and train second...myself included

but as a for instance...I looked over someones diet and training for them recently and asked them to give me a supplements list as well...I got the supps and training first and was perplexed why there were no fish oils in it (standard stuff you know?) till the person got me their diet a few hours later and I noticed they ate oily fish approx 5 times a week..ultimately that persons training was not the intensity she thought it was and some Q&A revealed she was making a couple of minor food errors that were costing her upwards of 500 cals a day (its shockingly easy to do). The moral of the story is ..look at the WHOLE picture first before making an assumption.

Reactions: ceo
Hiit programs are good to incorporate for a week every month or as you see fit, if a client is gaining to much fat then we switch to hiit for a week and use this chance as a small "Deload" but regardless of fat/muscle the more cardio she can do the longer she will be able to train for

thats true, i just figured that HIIT was the only cardio that didnt really burn muscle, cus were trying to build muscle for her right now, she barely has any fat to lose

Glad, if you can afford supps and want to use them great! Ultimately, IMO, it comes down to calories in/ calories out. You cant out train a bad diet, type of thing. Protein shakes will help increase her protein intake and hopefully it'll be a start in changing her diet. If she's 16% bf, it just gets more difficult to go lower as a female and she's gonna have to do more than shakes diet wise.

When you say bad diet what do u mean? Because for instance say she eats lucky charms, has a protein shake, has a quesadilla at work, has another protein shake, has some chicken alfredo, and then some milk befor bed, but its only 1500 calories at the end of the day?

I guess while shes new to it I know she will make newbie gains as far as muscle and strength, but i know it wont last forever until she has to start switching up her diet. BUt im happy with the fact that shes just all into free weights from the get go, most girls wouldnt touch them. Thx for the response tho , I dont think shes coming back to this site because of wht happened in chat lol i warned her

Top Bottom