Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good routine?

I saw your picture in the other thread and did I mention you are a BEAST?! Those biceps.... HOW?! I'm jealous lol!!

Ha!! She is a beast and I'm jealous!!! I keep trying to her secrets but so far it's been junk food and cheeseburgers!!! LOL. Just kidding snipes. Your body is what I'm trying to get to so you should Be proud...very proud!! I'm proud for you. Im waiting for the day that somebody comes up to me and asks I'd I complete. I'll
Grin like a jackass!! Keep up the awesome work snipes

Glad you guys liked my diet talk. Thought I'd bore you actually lol. I'd put people to sleep when I talk about nutrition in real life so I guess I'm better off writing about it.

I love your diet talk...matter of fact I can't get enough of it. My mom is always asking me about what I eat, etc..I will start talking about it and what I'm trying to do and apparently go into a tad too much detail as she'll start noddin off.

Lol I think that's a pump you get while working out. I live for it although mine isn't nearly as good as yours apparently!--with all my strict planning and silly research. :p Whatever you do, go for it!

SF you look
Great!! Your planning is not silly and has done great things for you. The one thing the ladies on here (and gentlemen) have taught me is that we are all in progress and we are all moving forward in our goals. Like zed said there is no embarrassment!! Take that from me because as hard as I've worked and thought I was doing great..I got on these forums and realized that I had a LONG way to go before I get to where I want to get!! You guys all provide great motivation
For me!!

So everyone..help my
Little brain expand today..is the key to putting on muscle food? Meaning am if I want to put on muscle do I need to start eating more calories and make sure my protein intake is high? Is that they key? Educate me, you strong beastly ladies!!

Jen... It's funny cuz I typed this whole long response to your question and was like why in the world would she listen to me now that she knows what my diet consists of?!?!? Lol.

I know nutrition, but holy cow I can't follow it in my own life. Makes me feel like such a hypocrite. When I used to train, I would make meal plans for my clients... They would ask what my diet consisted of, and I had to lie... I couldn't dare tell them that I was eating Mc Donald's three times a day!!! Lol.

Today is a new day, and I am going to give it another shot!

So everyone..help my
Little brain expand today..is the key to putting on muscle food? Meaning am if I want to put on muscle do I need to start eating more calories and make sure my protein intake is high? Is that they key? Educate me, you strong beastly ladies!!

LOL....
In a word .....YES!
Chika wether you wanna cut or add mass it is always DIET first, workout second and rest! Thats it gurl, thats how it works for everybody, thats all there is to it.:)

Just wanted to reproduce this here, in case you didn't see it in your thread in the other forum section. There were some quotes of things you said, which I included in the other post for context, that were not reproduced below.

Ah I see. Yes it is fine to do it that way. Technically that would be conjugate periodization (ie working on training more than one thing at a time) vs more traditional block or linear periodization where you might do 8 weeks of 3x10, 8 weeks of 3x3, etc

I think the lower body lifts, particular variations on the three you listed above tend to be the best from a fat burning and overall muscle building perspective. Getting your leg limit strength up will make you faster on the field as well. If you wanted to go with a traditional bodybuilder type routine for a "leg day," you'd probably want something like 5 exercises in there, split up between quads, hams, glutes, calves. One good idea for you might be putting one squat variation and one deadlift variation, one single leg lift variation, and one calf lift variation in each lower body workout. Since you hit it twice a week, you can have one day focused on glute/hamstring and one more focused on quad. So, just a suggestion, but what I would do on my arm/leg day if I were you would probably be something like:

Leg/Arm D1:

Legs:

Squat 5x5
Romanian Deadlift (or stiff legged or good morning or pullthroughs) 3x8-10
Walking DB Lunges 3x8-10 each leg
Standing Calf Raise 4x6-8

Leg/Arm D2:

Leg:

Front Squat 5x3
Deadlift 5x5
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x8-10 each leg
Sitting Calf Raise 3x8-10

For arms, maybe cut your exercises to four total? two of each?

You can do back first before chest on the upper body day if you want to focus on it. Maybe add in another exercise like some sort of pull down or dumbell row also, depending on your energy level when doing these workouts.

Top Bottom