Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dextrose for Women + An Awesome Diet...

reelbig004

Hello Ladies. I'm currently trying to help my mother loose weight. She works her ass off in the gym and can't seem to achieve the results shes looking for. I was wondering what the general consesus was on using dextrose/maltodextrose for post workout supplementation in women??? My expertise falls in dieting, but I'd love to know what all of you think about the following...

Below is the diet I plan on having her on the first 2 weeks:

Meal 1: 5 eggwhites + 1/2 cup oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon

Workout

Meal 2 (PWo): 15 grams dextrose + 15 grams maltodextrin + 30 grams whey

Meal 3: 1/2 cup brown rice + chicken breast

Meal 4: Salad with Chick, vegatables, olive oil/vinager

Meal 5: 1/2 cup cottage cheese + tbsp ANPB + TBSP Flax

My mother is almost 50 years old. She is going through menopause. She is 6'0" and 180 pounds. Thanks for the help.

reelbig004 said:
Hello Ladies. I'm currently trying to help my mother loose weight. She works her ass off in the gym and can't seem to achieve the results shes looking for. I was wondering what the general consesus was on using dextrose/maltodextrose for post workout supplementation in women??? My expertise falls in dieting, but I'd love to know what all of you think about the following...

Meal 1: 5 eggwhites + 1/2 cup oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon

Workout

Meal 3: 1/2 cup brown rice + chicken breast

Meal 4: Salad with Chick, vegatables, olive oil/vinager

My mother is almost 50 years old. She is going through menopause. She is 6'0" and 180 pounds. Thanks for the help.

Before I would do anything else I would get my hormone levels checked and also thyroid. Menopause can effect the thyroid glande and if it's messed up it can make losing weight almost impossible.

momsgettinfit said:
Before I would do anything else I would get my hormone levels checked and also thyroid. Menopause can effect the thyroid glande and if it's messed up it can make losing weight almost impossible.

If horomones or the thyroid are fucked up, what if anything can be done to reverse these effects and get the weight off? Thanks for your help.

reelbig004 said:
If horomones or the thyroid are fucked up, what if anything can be done to reverse these effects and get the weight off? Thanks for your help.

Well if her dr. see that they are messed up there are things that can be done for both. The dr. may have to prescribe a thyroid medication if hormones are messed up she may have to take prescription for that or try some natural herbs. It really depends on her dr. But I would definately make sure she see her Dr and has these 2 things checked before she tries any kind of fat burners or anything else.

reelbig004 said:

Meal 1: 5 eggwhites + 1/2 cup oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon ***YUM

Workout

***Seems fine, never really got into the dex/malto Post W/O

Meal 3: 1/2 cup brown rice + chicken breast ***Is Brown Rice Instant, like minute rice? How much chicken 4-6 oz?

Meal 4: Salad with Chick, vegatables, olive oil/vinager ***what type of salad? Spinach / Mixed greens? Something other than plain lettuce? What kind of veggies?

Props to your Moms! See red ^^

I agree with MGF about hormonal issues..

* How much water is she drinking?
* Does she have a sweet tooth?
* Cals seem kinda low, maybe 12-1300 ish?
* What is she doing for her w/o? Cardio, Weights?

6' , 180 lb isnt' really all that heavy either. Any idea bodyfat? I would agree w/ Buns on the cals - suggest you or she put that diet into www.fitday.com to see what is the actual make up to ensure she's getting enough. If she isnt' relative to her activity levell, could just be stalled out & needs some more food. Also you can incorporate things like carb cycling to help spur on some forward motion - but again, cals need to be sufficient.

Otherwise, check the things outside fo that like the hormonal stuff.

momsgettinfit said:

I just talked with my mother. Her thyroid and horomone levels are excellent. That being said, I realize we just need to get her calories and nutrients in check. Thanks

I think you should cut out the maltrodextrin for starters. I know for a fact that it doesn't help with fat loss. In fact, I put on weight (it's a major ingredient in any gainer product) when I used it. I would stick with the dextrose if you are gonna use it and I think you'll see a difference.

Last edited:
I've never used any of that post workout carb stuff - mostly just make sure I get a shake or a meal in within 30 min after training.

I might suggest some PureCEE tho --- good quality creatine for some muscle opportunity. The diet will be the place to start for the fat loss component, but is she also not seeing any change in muscle mass?

Top Bottom