Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abductor/Adductor Machines

fit1

Just wonderin' if it's necessary and if any of you ladies every use these machines...or is it just as good to leave them out and just do the basics for legs...

Thx...
fit1

I wondered the same thing & posted a thread, "When training legs..."

I only got a few replies & mostly heard, 'if you want, go ahead, but it's mostly important to just do your squats & deads.'

Personally, if I do it, I'll do ab/adductor work on the cable machine with a cuff around my ankle instead of the gyno-looking machines. But I'm a free weight junkie... don't restrict me :)!!!

I also mostly wanted to do the exercises to help me move more easily & gracefully (no laughing!) when dancing - I was taking a ballet class.

I had to start doing the aductor because my quad was developed on the outside compared to the inside, this caused misalignment of the knee and caused my bursa sack on my patella to massively flame up, it was a gradual process. But since I started the aductors, about 2 months ago, its completly gone down, no problems at all :)

Brickgirl -
I've got that same problem with my knee, well, kinda'...mine is more chondromalacia...under the kneecap...it's also caused because my outer quad is more developed than my inner, so I guess it'd be a good idea to do the adductor's..(that's the inner, right?)...and you say the pain has gone away???

Thx

fit1 said:
chondromalacia...

Isn't chrondomalacia an overuse syndrome caused by jumping (& typically called 'Jumper's Knee')? Something aerobics instructors have to worry about.

Have you seen a doc or physical therapist for the chrondo?

I added the aductor and developed the inner part, and ever since I have, I have had no problems with my knee at all, when before, for 6 months, it was killing me, and that was the only thing I changed...soooo...... :)

I thinks SQUATS should be the most important exercise for the legs, butt, etc...but that doesnt mean that you cant add in other exercises for some variety now and then and plus it keeps the muscles guessing...I only use those machines about once a month and I can really feel it in my inner thighs....so It must be doing somethin!!!

Gladi...I went and seen an orthopedic dr...and he said it was caused by my inner quad being less developed than my outer, which causes my knee to be misaligned and that in turn causes the knee cap to rub against the cartilage that is between the 2 bones that form the knee...and it hurts like HELL...
anyways...i was going to a physical therapist and he gave me some exercises to do to strengthen it...you know..just simple exercises w/no weights like contracting my quad a number of times, etc., etc...
i don't really know if the adductor would help...the weak muscle is the inner thigh, but it's the little muscle right above the knee...not sure if the adductor machine works that muscle as well...

RE:

Well, I agree with most the people in the board thats squats are the best (and hardest :mix: ) leg exercises.

I use the abductor machines, for my leg training sessions. I find that alot of the girls here are into more of the muscle scene, unlike myslef who is into the Slight muscle definition and tone instead, and i find the abductors great for toning and not bulking up too much.

Dont get me wrong girls, I think muscles are great and very attratctive, but for myslef toned and slightly defined is just the way Id prefer to look :mix:

The Inner Abductor realy works though, you can feel it when you're doing it and the next day too:) :D :mix:

Top Bottom