Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your biggest mistakes in training?

blood_drinker

When I first started lifting, I devoted way too much time to dieting - and I robbed myself of potential gains. Also, I thought I was too bad ass to ask for a spot on the bench (I had a real big ego) - the bench bar fell on my face (I still was holding it, but damn it hurt). I maxed out earlier than I thought, and to tell you the truth 200lbs on your cheek bones is not nice at all. From then on I have learned to always ask for a spot. Also, I did smith machine squats for too long and they have take their toll on my knees. I never did a real squat before until some guy noticed at the gym and told me about it. Real ATF squats have now become my favorite exercise.

My mistakes are probably common beginner ego centered probs. Let's hear some of yours.

trying to go heavy on squats that i threw my back/hip out about 6 times. Finially wised up after a summer of back therapy and numerous times and hours spent in the ER and doctors. It's been 2yrs and i'm just starting to slowly get back into legs.

I didnt do enough compound movements.. or the right rep scheme. Somehow I ended up training with isolation movements and low reps (4-6)?? I dont know what my problem was!!
:D:D

well i started lifting in late march/early april....
I went straight for mass... and i kept a pretty good diet.

Once school ended and summer ended, i couldn't keep up with my diet but the gains kept on coming
As of about 3 weeks ago, i noticed im not getting much gains anymore and i started gaining lots of bf, summer sucks and i can't keep a straight diet, once school starts im starting a 50/20/30 cutting diet.
My goal is to drop from 13% bf to about 7% by the end of the school year.

Blood, whats wrong with smith machine squats?Im thinking of incorporating squats into my routine, and i will do smiths unweighted my first time...Then ill weight little by little andill be doing high reps....I dont want to risk an injury, and I want to make sure I have the proper form down pat.

Trying to explain to the personal instructor at my old gym that I wanted to body build.....he came up with a wonderful plan of...............RUNNING...? Tried to explain to him about MS Olympia...he'd never heard of it....

Needless to say I didn't go to the session.....

Not sure if I could count this as my biggest mistake. But I'm starting to realize that after a while, lifting hi rep, low weight will not get you to your goal. I'm lifting heavy again for the first time in years and letting the diet and cardio take care of the fat.

Top Bottom