Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trainer certification organizations

AFTA or AFAA?? Did you write that right? NEver heard of AFTA.

ACE is pretty good for general knowledge and they are well respected but they are outdated imo. ISSA is really good. I'm also undergoing certification right now through my company which is a basic PT cert that all pt's need in this company. I'm also going to be getting certified through AFAA and NASM in the next 3 months. Then I'm getting certified in performance nutrition through ISSA and strength and conditioning as well. Then later on get certified in fitness therapy. Want all my bases covered. Plus my parents pay for everything so I'm all covered there. :D

I have an ACE and NASM cert for training. I had difficulty finding any kind of reimbursement from my employers for my ACE cert. NASM is alot harder, more in depth in my opinion, and more credible and recognized.

Though you do come away with some good information with certs, in no way does it really make you qualified to be a trainer. I've seen guys with certs that really can't train at all, and I definitely wouldn't take advice from them.

I guess opposite of MikePT, I'm finishing up my training and going to be moving on to something else. The pay is excellent, it's a fun job, and the business is thriving right now despite the economy. Have fun, good luck.

Top Bottom