Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

strength over size

ZGzaZ

hey guys, i'm havin a hard time gainin some size....strength is moving up very quickly, but size is lagging behind.

I take in around 4000 cals/day, and around 200-220g's protein
my bodyweight is 177, 8%BF

I'm doing needsizes 5x5 routine on a 4 day split
day 1 - Chest
Day 2 - Back/Shoulders
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - Legs
Day 6 - Arms/Abs
Day 7 - Rest

The routine is a normal 5x5 for one lift, and 2 secondary lifts of 8-10 reps each.

Any suggestions?

ZGzaZ said:
hey guys, i'm havin a hard time gainin some size....strength is moving up very quickly, but size is lagging behind.

I take in around 4000 cals/day, and around 200-220g's protein
my bodyweight is 177, 8%BF

I'm doing needsizes 5x5 routine on a 4 day split
day 1 - Chest
Day 2 - Back/Shoulders
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - Legs
Day 6 - Arms/Abs
Day 7 - Rest

The routine is a normal 5x5 for one lift, and 2 secondary lifts of 8-10 reps each.

Any suggestions?

TIME...PATIENCE AND PATIENCE OF TIME.

thanks bfold....i know thats the truth, i guess im just expecting results too fast, and i dont want that to discourage me in my training.

How long have you been training? Its pretty much accepted that most increases in strength at first are do to central nervouse system (CNS) adaptations. In fact, a new lifter can have great increases in strength for up to like 6 months without seeing any muscle hypertrophy. Once your muscles start gettting bigger, you should be pleased.... but as B said, just give it some time....

-Fatty

oh yeah i forgot about that cns. in my first 6 weeks of training in october and november i lost 15 pounds but gained on everyone of my lifts. i was shrinking but lifting more everyweek. this time i decided to eat more and stick to the basics and now i am seeing the size gains.:fro:

Top Bottom