Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting Weight Training after 10 yr drought

usaalways

Hello, 39 yr/male. 5' 7" 270 lbs YUCK.
I was never a die hard gym goer...was the type to signup and only lasted a month. The most success I had was with home weights, lasted almost a year(long story why stopped) and got pretty toned. Now Im ready as the last 2 months I put off 24 lbs( too quick) with just cardio(walking and very low carb diet) I just purchased a bench with 300 lbs of weights(including 45 LB bar), curling bar, and 2 dumbell handles. I am a night guy, so I will only lift at night. My question is, since I dont intake any food after 7 pm and plan on lifting around 9pm, do I need supplements right after workout?( like a carb free protein shake really necessary?) Or with all the protein I get during day good enough? I dont plan on carbs since I am also in the process of losing fat. Thanx guys...

no you don't NEED anything.. however if you want to take advantage of your workouts and build muscle you want to get in carbs, cals, protein, minerals, and vitamins you should get that in within 3 hours after a workout generally.
however in your situation since you are trying to lose weight you could go ahead and let your body use fat to burn the fuel. however keep in mind working out at night is going to affect your sleep patterns.

I would try and workout in the morning fasted. and then have a quality breakfast. that would be a better strategy. and #1 thing is your diet MUST be corrected, otherwise you are wasting your time!

Top Bottom