Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So your think your a hard gainer? This is for you my friend.

zedhed

Elite Moderator
Platinum
Ok so you think your a hard gainer. And maybe you are and maybe your not but just think you are.
I know so many guys that work their asses off in the gym and just cant gain any muscle at all. I mean these guys all work circles around me and most everybody else in the gym. Could that the part of the problem?
Then when I get a chance I sit down and just talk it up with some of these guys and I start off with something like “ man that was a bitchen workout that you just did” Then say “its just the normal workout for me that I do. Been doing this for years”.
I think “ok problem #1”.
Then I ask them how is your diet and they tell me what they eat usually something like this.
Well I have a bowel of oatmeal or cold cereal for breakfast.
A really really big salad for lunch and a chicekn breast and wing (skinless) with veggies for dinner.
I think “ok problem #2”.
Then I ask them what supps they use. A lot of the time its a list right out of a Supplement Super Store and an additional list right out of a Pharamacy.

Brothers this is all wrong wrong wrong!
If you really are a hard gainer. You MUST have the mind set that in your workout LESS IS MORE FOR ME CUZ IM A HARD GAINER!!
Later on I will list out 2 diff workouts for peeps that are hard gainers. One will be a 2 day per week and one will be a 3 day per week. Most of you, if you really are hard gainers should pick the 2 day per week one!

Food.
If your a hard gainer then food is your BFF, your very best BFF! You need to eat all of everything that you can get in your mouth. If it is not nailed down then you need to eat it. You can eat pretty much anything that you want and like. Try to keep it reasonably clean but that is not that important right now in your life. Eat stuff like pizza, natty PB, avacodos, meat of all kinds and lots of it, rice, pasta, ice cream, milk shakes veggies and fruit. You get the picture here? EAT!

Supplements.
Protein Powder. 2 grams per LB of BODY weight! NTBM is gr8 stuff and so are their protien bars.
Cretatine. Use as directed again NTBM is a very good one. Use is every single day. This will pump up your strength faster then any drug mankind knows of. (along with food)

With in 20 mins of your wrokout you need to consume some carbs.

Awsome post workout shake, (60 min post workout)
2 25 gram scoops protein powder
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Giant heaping Tablespoon natty PB
Creatine
And because your a hard gainer use whole milk with a couple of ice cubes

Drugs.
Forget them for now your just throwing your money away. You dont have the foundation or the strength to get any benefit from them yet. Really I am being dead serious with you. For thedrugs to have any effect at all you MUST have the foundation for them to work with.

Ok so now lets get to your workouts. These workouts are gonna be all compound lifts. You dont have the size or strength yet to even consider isolation yet!
All sets and reps are 5x5. You do 5 sets of 5 reps. You add 5 Lbs to every excersize every week. Simple.
Your gonna say but that is not enough work. WRONG! If you do it right it is plenty of work.
You do this for 5 weeks. Then you take a week off and repeat it.

Workout 1 (any 2 non consecutive days)
Day 1
Squats if you dont like em too bad. If you dont know how to do em then learn. The only other excersize that is more important the squat is Dead Lifts.
For your starting weight I strongly suggest 85-105 Lbs. Remember you gonna be adding weight every single week. You dont wanna peter out too soon before the end.

Flat Bench Press BBL
Again start out very light cuz you will be adding weight every week. Your ROM needs to be so that your elbows do not go past your shoulderblades. Or to put it another way no lower then the top surface of the bench your laying on. This will save you injuries.

Bent Over BBL Row
Bend over 90° and stay there. Dont let your body creep upward as you do the reps. That is not gonna help you. Start out light add weight every week.

Over Head Press BBL
Same as above. Press from in front of your face to behind your head. Your ROM only needs to be from your jaw to just before lock out at the top.

Pull Ups palms away from you.

Day 2.
Everything is the same except you will swap out Dead Lifts for squats. Thats it!

I cannot stress enough that you MUST start out with light weights. Park your ego back in your car. And do the lifts the right way no cheating cuz your weights are too heavy.
The first time I did this program I started with my BP at 135. I finished at 315. I started OHP at the bare bar. I finished at 225.

Work out 2 (3 days per week
Guess what its gonna be the same workout but just a little bit different.
Your gonna Squat 3 days per week and your gonna Dead Lift 3 days per week.
So its gonna look like this.
Week 1
Mon, Wed, Fri.
Squats,
Flat Bench Press
Bent Over BBL Row
OHP BBL
Pull Ups palms away

Week 2
Mon, Wed, Fri
Dead Lift
Flat Bench Press BBL
Bent Over BBL Row
OHP BBL
Pull Ups palms away

Now I know your gonna say then arent any curls or triceps. But your wrong there is plenty of indirect biceps and triceps work here for you.

Remember we are building you a dam strong and dam solid base so that you can begin to do iso work and specialize on your body part of choice.

For those of you that use this you will be very happy and very surprized at the results that you will get. This on one of the oldest and most used programs in the world for peeps that have a hard time gaining muscle mass.
Enjoy!

Oh I almost forgot partying and booze and broads.
I know that most of you guys are younger guys. So this is what I have to say. Just keep as minmal as you can. Booze is gonna set you back about 3 steps every time that you get hammered. Just keep that in mind and keep you priorities str8.

Last edited:
Top Bottom