Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

smolov squat program

squatting 4 times a week
i did something like this before, called bulgarian training, but it was only 3 times a week, 2 light one heavy
smolov seems to be pretty thourough squat days 4 times a week, taxing

go to dragondoor.com and look for the modded version. alot easier for a natural non-elite lifter to do. unles your elite and can handle that much volume dont do the original version.

your better off doing Dr Squats 80 day routine. which will work deads and squat and the volume is much more manageable.

I tried it but couldn't finish. It is a bit hardcore but doable. At a minimum it is a good program to try if you have not changed things up in a bit. Do not be disappointed if you progress at first and then hit a wall.

AEKDB said:
I tried it but couldn't finish. It is a bit hardcore but doable. At a minimum it is a good program to try if you have not changed things up in a bit. Do not be disappointed if you progress at first and then hit a wall.
how far did you get into it?

thebadguy54 said:
Four days a week of back squats only (no front squats at all) isn't the best squat program out there IMO.

just to break away from the monotony of 5*5 is why i'm giving it a rip.
i'm only a few days into it...i've made a few adjustments; i'm gonna go every other day, i don't want to sq back to back.

Look up Rippetoe's, Burgner's, or Hatch's squat programs. Those all seem a bit more reasonable than this one.

Either way, good luck.

thebadguy54 said:
Four days a week of back squats only (no front squats at all) isn't the best squat program out there IMO.

tell that to the russian lifters and coaches who OWN all other countries in both squats and deadlifts

Bino said:
how far did you get into it?

It was some years ago so, going off memory, I think I gave up after the start of week 1 of the intense phase. I have had great success with the Coan/Phillipi deadlift routine which uses a very similar progression scheme. If you decide to do programs like this I would suggest starting with 10 or more pounds less than your max. If you finish the program then start again with 10 or fewer pounds of your new max. This is what I did with the Coan Phillipi deadlift routine. I am sure chemical assistance would work wonders on a program like this and, given the origins of such programs, may be what they are designed for.

Top Bottom