Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skinny guys that outlift big guys?

CollegeKid

i've gotten into the habit of discreetly checking out how much other ppl at the gym can lift compared to me. something that is really boggling my mind is that a few of the biggest guys at my gym (they have huge arms, ripped, overall BIG) are pushing puny weights. and they push the same weights every week. and no, it's not their warm-up set. i can do double what they are doin but am half their size. meanwhile i saw a skinny-ass kid incline benching 85lb DBs. has the world started working in reverse or am i totally missing out on something?

ya dont compare, because we are not anything a like in all other aspects, why should weight lifting be relative too? blah, whatever.

There are lots of smaller people who are stronger than I am.

I remember driving home 8 drunks in my truck one night...and Amy Weisberger was sitting in Cheese's lap. I yell out..."Hey Cheese...why don't you talk to Amy and see if she can give you some pointers on how you can deadlift 500." (Cheese had recently missed it...)

Amy says..."Well...I plan to pull 500 at a bodyweight of 128 or 132 sometime soon."

I should also note that she holds the Men's and Women's WR in the bench in her class at 319.

B True

Don't worry about them, some people have a natural ability to lift more due to better leverage, others are just freaks. Just work on improving yourself, granted other peole are good for motivation sometimes just not all the time.... And look closely at their form and see if the cheat at all, not all people are going for max poundages..

I agree, I usually only care what I'm pushing... by the time i get into my workout... I don't see anything but me, the steel and the iron... and sometimes, I don't even see myself.

However, at times I've seen HUGE guys do lighter weights all the time, I usually figure they are injured, training other muscle fibers or just don't want to lift heavy to prevent any injury. I could care less how much someone lifts (unless it is a huge difference.... then I'm impressed) -- I care more about how they LOOK... because, that is the goal I am seeking... the added strength is just a stepping stone for me.

C-ditty

ya just keep in mind that ppl have different goals when they are training so to compare ppl at the surface could be misleading. you would have to ask em ?'s on there specific goals etc...

College kid,

Keep that focus straight and narrow on your goal. Do not be intimidated or disrupted by anyone outside of your own head.

Work hard on YOUR physique and proportioning yourself and others will follow you. Be humble when it happens and help others.

Top Bottom