Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should changing rep range every week benifit?

I track my progress in the mirror and with a measuring tape. Muscles don't respond to weight they respond to being overstressed. This can be done a number of ways.

I agree with that 100% I use scales to measure my weight fluctuations and the mirror to measure my bf fluctuations. Together I use these to adjust my diet as I see fit. Either adding or taking away cals.
But adding more weight more sets or more reps is over stressing the muscle. You get more total volume basically each time you step into the gym (to a certain pt)

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

I change up exercises weekly or so. Basically every time I'm in the gym I do at least one different lift and leave something out. Works for me. I also switch rep ranges maybe every two months??? By that I mean I will go with much more weight lowering my reps for a while then the body adapts so I'll change. Also I'm old so I just can't recover from balls to the walls training any more. I hit a point last month were my grip strength was noticeable getting weaker and that just means over training. I took two weeks off and I swear my muscles actual grew a little in those two weeks. LOL> Any ways I felt much strong when I came back.

Change your reps to fit your mental state. Sometimes higher reps, other times heavier

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom