x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Romanian Deadlifts

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Romanian Deadlifts within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: For anyone that does these, do you touch the ground with the weights, or do you do them to pins at knee high. I have been reading, but not quite sure, need soemthing to strengthen glutes and hams a little.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Romanian Deadlifts

For anyone that does these, do you touch the ground with the weights, or do you do them to pins at knee high. I have been reading, but not quite sure, need soemthing to strengthen glutes and hams a little.

Good Broly

Re: Romanian Deadlifts

Romanian deadlifts are done off the floor. Partial deadlifts are done off pins.

For gluts/hams, you should try straight-leg deadlifts. Done off the floor, knees straight or nearly straight, and focus on pulling up the weight with the hams (keep back straight). Regular/Romanian deadlifts also hit the gluts/hams.

Quote Quote posted by IronandGravity
    Romanian deadlifts are done off the floor. Partial deadlifts are done off pins.

For gluts/hams, you should try straight-leg deadlifts. Done off the floor, knees straight or nearly straight, and focus on pulling up the weight with the hams (keep back straight). Regular/Romanian deadlifts also hit the gluts/hams.

Thanks bro, these excersises seem very similar to me. The closer i keep the bar to my body the more i feel it in my hams and glutes, and from what i have read ( and that may be misleading slightly ) that is the only difference, RD's the bar is kept closer to the body.

Good Broly

The way I understand RDL's is that you only lower the barbell down until you run out of hamstring flexibility(meaning your lower back will start to bend) and sliding the bar down against your legs. I have never gone from the floor with RDL's. I also love to use DB's for these also. Just position yourself with a mirror on the right or left of you and lower the bar/db's down until you see your lower back start to bend. You then return back upto the start postion.

Quote Quote posted by GOHVYORGOHME
    The way I understand RDL's is that you only lower the barbell down until you run out of hamstring flexibility(meaning your lower back will start to bend) and sliding the bar down against your legs. I have never gone from the floor with RDL's.
    Yes.

Freak

Never to the floor with those, and I can jump into splits and kick above my dad's head (6'3") at a height of 5'11.5". I have the flexibility. Just don't need to go down that low.

A good alternative would be good mornings. I love them.

Thanks guys i just did stiffs last night since i wasn't sure, but will be throwing these in the mix.