Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

outside pecs...

txbondsman

genetics are lacking on my outside pecks. I can't ever seem to get it developed enough and thus have the cut that makes for a really goodlooking rounded pec. Through the years I gues I've tried everything that one would normally try, heavy/ light flys, wide grip bench, etc. Is there anyone else who has overcome having this problem and what was your solution.
Tx

Wide grip bb presses
Wide grip bb incline press
Wide grip bb decline press

For flyes, instead of standard grip, turn your wrists to face your feet. You will get a lot more stretch at the bottom of the movement, this will help the outer chest.

thesuaveone said:
Wide grip bb presses
Wide grip bb incline press
Wide grip bb decline press

For flyes, instead of standard grip, turn your wrists to face your feet. You will get a lot more stretch at the bottom of the movement, this will help the outer chest.

cool, I'll try that, that's one I've not done, the rest yes. Any preference for light and more reps OR heavy and less, or alternate?

genetics is just a bitch sometimes...

Light enough that you get a full stretch without damaging the shoulders. Wide grip does put added strain on the shoulder joints...be careful.

i did lots of dips. and 3/4 flyes. do flat flyes but only work the stretch to the half way contracted point.

I am 47 and do have to watch previous shoulder injury... looks like the full stretch is maybe where I'm lacking, I call myself doing that, but it may not be enough.
thanks,
Tx

whoever says that they don't get good info on here isn't asking good questions or they just have an attitude problem, I always do and have had excellent responses.

txbondsman said:
I am 47 and do have to watch previous shoulder injury... looks like the full stretch is maybe where I'm lacking, I call myself doing that, but it may not be enough.
thanks,
Tx

whoever says that they don't get good info on here isn't asking good questions or they just have an attitude problem, I always do and have had excellent responses.

Wide grip bench will not work your outer pecs more!! I mean Didn’t you say you tried it already. It is all genetics!!! U have one option to make the muscle bigger anyone that tells you that you can change the shape of a muscle or work the out side more than the inner is WRONG. this is sad but true.

The pec is all one muscle there is an upper part and a lower part. not side and middle.

If the muscle gets bigger it will be wider and thicker.
Get stronger that is all you can do. good luck.

Extra_Strong said:
Wide grip bench will not work your outer pecs more!! I mean Didn’t you say you tried it already. It is all genetics!!! U have one option to make the muscle bigger anyone that tells you that you can change the shape of a muscle or work the out side more than the inner is WRONG. this is sad but true.

The pec is all one muscle there is an upper part and a lower part. not side and middle.

If the muscle gets bigger it will be wider and thicker.
Get stronger that is all you can do. good luck.

well in that case..damn the bad luck, I want a different mother and father! ones that give their kid outside cuts. I can build the fuck out of some pecs, but the outside is, for lack of better words, flat.
thanks,
Tx

txbondsman, I have yet to see a pair of big, well built pecs that didn't look good, no matter what the shape. Just work with what you've got, and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom