Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help Designing A Twice A Day Routine

tzan

Whats up? Due to my current situation I will be able to lift twice a day for at least the next two months, maybe even three:D :D . I'm just comming off of a cycle and am looking to change my routine as well. I've never done any twice a day workout, so I really have no idea what some good ones would be. If you guys could throw a couple at me to choose from it would be great. Ummmmmmmmm twice a day, I'm getting aroused just thinking about it:elephant: :dance2:

day 1

am 15-20minutes cardio.....chest & front side deltoids

pm 15-20 minutes cardio.....triceps& abs.

day 2

am 30 minutes cardio

pm 5-10 minutes cardio......legs

day 3

am 15-20 minutes cardio........back&traps

pm 15-20 minutes cardio........ biceps&abs

day 4 OFF
day 5 OFF OR REPEAT

if you are natural dude dont bother. NO way you can train HARD and train TWICE a day naturally and expect to recover. My $.02

bbuniv1.jpg

heavywear said:
if you are natural dude dont bother. NO way you can train HARD and train TWICE a day naturally and expect to recover. My $.02

Agreed. I think this is true for a lot of guys even if they are on a cycle.

I tend to be an advocate of HIT-like low volume but a few months ago tried training twice a day as an experiment. I was dieting too(Eventually hitting 1500kcal at a bodyweight of 200lbs. Dumb.) Surprisingly it worked pretty well for me. Not staggeringly better than once a day, but I didn't shrivel to the size of Woody Allen as I was expecting. I basically did a low-volume, low-rep workout in the morning and repeated the same workout with high-reps in the evening. I had to sleep about 10hours a day, plus an hour nap, because I was so utterly exhausted by this schedule. And every two weeks I had to take one week where I trained only once a day when I felt overtraining coming on. I also ended up concluding that training legs twice a day was too much, and typically skipped the 2nd session for them. I just couldn't squat in the morning to failure and come back in the evening for high rep squats and lift any kind of intensity. I wouldn't necessarily recommend training 2x a day to anyone else, but just thought I share my experiences.(I'm natural btw.) I might well try doing this again when not dieting, just to see what happens.

heavywear said:

Why do you say this?? I don't think you quite understand. I pretty much have nothing to do all day but lift and eat. I'm not working or going to school. I don't get why training hard in the morning then going back home eating and resting would prevent me from hitting the weights just as hard again at night.

Blood&Iron said:
I tend to be an advocate of HIT-like low volume but a few months ago tried training twice a day as an experiment. I was dieting too(Eventually hitting 1500kcal at a bodyweight of 200lbs. Dumb.) Surprisingly it worked pretty well for me. Not staggeringly better than once a day, but I didn't shrivel to the size of Woody Allen as I was expecting. I basically did a low-volume, low-rep workout in the morning and repeated the same workout with high-reps in the evening. I had to sleep about 10hours a day, plus an hour nap, because I was so utterly exhausted by this schedule. And every two weeks I had to take one week where I trained only once a day when I felt overtraining coming on. I also ended up concluding that training legs twice a day was too much, and typically skipped the 2nd session for them. I just couldn't squat in the morning to failure and come back in the evening for high rep squats and lift any kind of intensity. I wouldn't necessarily recommend training 2x a day to anyone else, but just thought I share my experiences.(I'm natural btw.) I might well try doing this again when not dieting, just to see what happens.

Thanks for sharing your experience B&I. What do you or anyone else think of the routine Omega came up with?? It differes from yours because you don't train the same muscle twice in the same day like you described.

tzan-I am currently doing a form of double sessions and have had alot of success in the past with them.I don't juice, but I think that as long as you perform them in a sensible manner, multiple sessions can be productive.Like you, I'm not bound by employment, however, I am a student and full-time dad yet am still able to benefit from this type of training.I've got a few links for you to look at if you're interested:

http://t-mag.com/html/45cp.html

http://www.protraineronline.com/past/march2000/protrainer4.cfm

http://www.wsu.edu/~strength/twosess.htm

On Charles Staley's discussion board, he has remarked about his own training where he has done up to 12 sessions per week, with some lasting as little as 15 minutes.Bill Starr, the former strength and conditioning coach at Johns Hopkins, has also advocated two a day sessions, albeit, for advanced athletes or those with jobs consisting of little to no manual labor involved.Louie Simmons has his guys add in brief supplementary sessions in addition to their core workouts(even though I'm told most of these guys juice).The list goes on and on.Try it out.

tzan said:

Thanks for sharing your experience B&I. What do you or anyone else think of the routine Omega came up with?? It differes from yours because you don't train the same muscle twice in the same day like you described.
I can't really comment because when it comes down to it I think training 2x a day is bad. I couldn't really say if Omega's routine is better or worse than what I was doing, as I sorta feel all 2x a day training regimens are overkill. I think Charles Poliquin has written a couple of things on training 2x a day(Oddly, I read his recommendations after my experiment and they pretty much were exactly what I had done.) Check his website. Oh, and there are always Arnold's old routines if you want to get really crazy.

Top Bottom