Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ME exercises

dirtydawg

What do you guys think some of the best ME exercises are for working the bottom part of the bench from chest to mid way??

dd

1-3 board presses, illegal wides,some d/b presses,rotated at different times through my cycle.when i had a problem at the bottom i concentrated on my lats and some rear delts to help ,speed was another thing,i was not coming off my chest fast andi had to actually lower the weight i was using on D day..those are the things that helped me,i had a good lockout and sucked at the botom so after time of cycling these i started moving the weight fast through that spot........just my 2 cents:D

all your board presses are done flat... close grip inclines are also another ME exercise....don't use boards with that one though.

I had a problem as well coming off my chest. rhe best thing to do is work on speed. Thats what the de days are for. I started to useing a competition grip for two or 3 sets on speed day. That helped too. Stick with it . I love 2 boards as well. Good luck bro.

ok i need some help if you fine fellows dont mind

i have the same problem with bench...... however in the 9 weeks i have started powerlifting..... i increased my squat 100lbs raw..... but my bench will not move........ here is the low down on me

5"10-11
i have a long torso and arms but shorter legs for my frame
i dont seem to have a problem with bench speed....... but then i dont have a coach.........

where on dynamic day do you reverse direction...... does it touch your chest or what?.....how much percent should i use (i bench raw) if im having trouble in the bottom half?

also........... on max-effort........ do i need to pause....... or is it touch and go........ i have read differnet things........ but it seems like i have a problem keeping the bar going fast on the way down without it bouncing off of my abs.

where would be an optimal grip for me...... i have strong triceps.... but my delt,lat and pec strenght are not that far behind

i had a problem traing my lats and biceps... i had strained my left bicep brachallis tendon...... now its better...... but i cant do lat movements with explosive pulling power......... and should i pull with explosive power?....... and you guys give my your best lat exercise for bench too please.

its really pissing me off......... everyone wants to know what you can bench........... PS i am only getting close to 315 though......... i have been a bodybuilder for 2 years and a powerlifter for 10 weeks........... please help a brother out.......... i will owe you all one.....

sorry so long

thanks

X

Off the chest...need to bring up bar speed and increase lat strength.

As for specific ME exercises....1 or 2 board is good. You could do a variation and use a cambered bench bar with 1 or 2 boards...so the bar only goes an inch or two below the chest...and lower and it could be dangerous to the shoulders with heavier weights.

The Floor press with or without chains is a great movement for the bottom of a bench. I like it with chains better as it accomodates resistance.

Illegal Wides will help too...good to use in an extra workout following a bench speed or ME day.

thanks everyone for the help you guys keep it up and one day i will be up there with you guys. i got a stabilizer ball today cant wait to try it out on bench day with dumbells. if you dont hear from me for a while u know i rolled of the damn thing with a pair of 80's and crushed my skull. LOL

Exodus i will throw this out there i always had a wide grip on bench then took some advice and went to a narrow grip i was weak at first but stayed with it and have seen good strength. i have no idea what kind of grip u are using but the narrow grip has helped. i am 6ft 1" 198lbs my bench has gone from 290 to 315 in 7 weeks now i am 9 weeks in the program and did 335 on declines last week. also the bands have made my bench move up if you have the dough they are well worth it!!

will be going for 365 around the first of the year if i get use to a shirt by then. my friend says a shirt does not help you that much but he uses one. i may just stay raw for a while but i have read many good things about shirts on this fourm.

Exodus

Hey bro, good to see that you have started to train west side.
Its done wonders for me. In regatds to Dynamic bench the bar should touch your chest but the idea is to reverse the direction as fast as possible whle staying in the same groove. Fast on the way down and explosive on the way up. with max effort some guys just touch and go until a few weeks out from a competition and then they start to pause. I like to pause on all board work and floor presses. I like bent over rows for back and lat pulldowns. You don't need to be explosive with back work especially if its gonna bother your bicep. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom