Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I did weighted crunchs with 50lbs today...

A

Advaik

...AND ALMOST BROKE MY DAMN TAILBONE!

:D - I was doing it like someone suggested. Decline the bench then grab a wieght and hold it to your chest. Go down parallel to the ground but don't touch the bench then go all the way up. Well I was flying my feet every which way at first so I thought I'd hold them down by slipping them into the leg extension part of the bench. Next I go up like my coach always told me to: "push your lower back into the floor". Next thing I hear is "crunch". I didn't pay any mind to it at first, I just stood up real quick and look around. Then I sat back down on the bench after I didn't see anything wrong, boy was that a bad mistake, it hurt like HELL. Well I guess I learned my lesson of the day - don't listen to a coach that looks like he's never done a situp in his life! :D

I have very strong abs, I have won many situp competitions at my school and when I tighten my abs I can take a punch from a martial artist. I could actually probably do 100lbs (I've been doing 300-500 regular and straight leg crunchs just to get a mild burn). I thought 50lbs was starting pretty light, I never thought about my tailbone not being able to withstand the weight :(.

Ouch!

Man, no need to start that heavy. use a 10 pounder at first, get the motion down.

Actually, after that, good luck sitting upright, let alone doing situps. ;)

Hope it gets better, bro.

I use to do sets of 20 with 90 lbs before I started agressively squatting where I need my abs to be fresh all week long.

Top Bottom