Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Having trouble building my UPPER CHEST!!!

SAF

I'd like to think that I have a decent body, but there are certain parts of my physique that could use improvement. For one, my legs refuse to grow, but I dont want to get into that now, I'd like to concentrate more on my upper chest. My upper chest seems flat and unproportional compared to my lower chest, which has a very nice round belly and cuts into my upper arm area really nice. But my upper chest needs work. I've been doing incline dumbell presses for some time now, so perhaps I could use a switch. Anyone want to recommend some good free weight movements to help build my upper chest out? I'd like to stick to free weight but I'm open to any ideas, thanks

SAF

I like to do Incline Flys and Incline Presses for my upper chest, sometimes I will adjust the bench for more incline if I feel I am not geting my upper chest. Now I am just trying to work on my lower chest with decline movments though. As for your legs, try some ass to the floor squats, those should pack on some mass to your legs.

M18

Tell me what you think of this exercise for upper chest.

Basically, I'll stand inside the cable crossover set up and I'll grab the cables from the floor in each arm. With my arms extended out to my sides, I'll bring my arms together, while maintaining a slight curl in my arm, out in front of me to about the level of my upper chest. I noticed that performing this movement flexs the upper chest much more than the lower chest, so I'm hoping this change in movement will help me build some mass.

What do you think? Do you see where I'm coming from?

SAF

I sometimes do cable crossovers for my chest exersize and they are very effective, they are good at building upper chest, I stopped doing them for a while as my lower chest is lagging behind for some reason :confused:

M18

Keep changing up excercises every few weeks. If you have hammer strength incline presses try those. Also Smith Machine inclines and Incline Barbell presses. Go light enough that you can really feel the contraction in your upper chest. Heavy flat barbell bench is good for building overall chest too.

Hey saf...do you still do flat bench presses during your workout? I had the same problem a while ago, I stopped doing flat bench and just did all incline for a while. I stopped doing decline too.
Don't worry about your lower chest, it won't fall behind.
I did incline dumbells, incline flyes, incline bench press, and then regular flyes on the fly machine.

Built my upper chest up real nice.

Just a suggestion,

B-10

Top Bottom