Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining stability?

wanderlust

I am very unstable during my dumbell exercises. What is the best way to gain stability? Just wait and it will happen as I get stronger (even if I move up weight?) ? Or are there exercises to improve stability during for example decline bench w/ dumbells?

IF you are that unstable I suggest lowering the weights a bit and concentrate on form. Do your reps nice and slow and you should notice an improvement in no time. It might take about 2 months or so till you feel comforitable with dumbell exercises but its well worth it.

I agree w/ drifter completely on this one. There is another technique you could use to speed up the process. If your gym has a swiss ball, try to do some pushups w/ your hands on the ball. This will be difficult at first, but eventually you will get it. Hope this helps, good luck.

Wut Drifter said.

Just make sure that you keep it to a slow movement, concentrate on form, and squeeze on the way up.

May I add another exercise,

rope push ups, tie a rope/belt with handles around an overhead bar, make sure both ends are even and the rope is secure. Bring your feet out as far as you can and do push ups holding onto the rope handles.

Initially stability will be the most difficult part of this exercise.

hardgainer (pump)

Top Bottom